• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Control Store Downloads to Strato/Altos

SJHT

I picked up two Altos to pair with my current two Stratos to enable full access to my Disk Server for the two main zones in our home. I must say that the quality of the picture coming from the Disk Server media is great. Takes 20 seconds or so to load the disk. Once the Stratos have this access (which they continue to work on, but will likely now be a 2017 deliverable based upon the email from them), I will use one of the Altos for a third zone in our home. The other likely will just turn into a 6TB server. Is there anyway to control what goes to which device when you download from the store? I'm thinking of only filling one of the Altos for now with BD quality movies. Also, anyway to offload BD quality movies from my Stratos and move them to the Alto? I can't even tell which movies are on which Strato? I did see an option to enable a low power mode (which prevents downloads to the Alto when in standby), but that also disables IP control which I really require. It would be nice if they had a way to manage this, but I don't think they have the manpower to work on new enhancements at this point! Thanks. SJ

The BD quality movies will download to the alto automatically if there is space in the alto. Only after the altos are full, will the BD quality movies will download to Strato.

There are a couple of ways to achieve which movies go on to which alto, though they are a bit indirect.

1. To transfer BD movies from Strato to Alto, they must be in replication mode and be on the same version of the software. In replication mode, make Strato the source and alto the destination. This will transfer all BD movies to Alto. To get into replication contact your dealer or Kscape support.
2. To download specific movies to Alto, one way is to disconnect one Alto from the network and begin your downloads. This will download BD movies to the single Alto.
3. Once the first alto is full from the first 2 steps, then turn on the other Alto and download the rest of the BD movies.
4. Any 4K movie will automatically go to Strato.
5. The alternative to this is to keep the 1 alto as separate system and not put it together till it is full. After all the downloads are done, you can group it together with the stratos and alto.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

The easiest way for me to control where something downloaded was to disconnect the network cable from the component I didn't want to download to.

You can also use this to move BR from Strato to Alto:
1. Delete BR from Strato.
2. Disconnect network from Strato.
3. Re-download BR titles to Alto.

Of course, I have very fast download speeds and no caps from my ISP.

John

Back