• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Control automation inspiration

DieZwei

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Hi,
since i just stumbeld upon a video i made last year about the possibilities of integrating Kaleidescape into a automation solution (Crestron in this case), i thought it might be worth posting in this forum as well. :)

Hi,
since i just stumbeld upon a video i made last year about the possibilities of integrating Kaleidescape into a automation solution (Crestron in this case), i thought it might be worth posting in this forum as well. :)
Nice. What does the Kaleidescape report for a movie with an end credits scene? I know they've talked about that specific metadata before, can lighting be controlled differently in anticipation of an end credits scene? Ex, fading up to only 25% during credits, and going back to 0% when the end credits scene begins?

Nice. What does the Kaleidescape report for a movie with an end credits scene? I know they've talked about that specific metadata before, can lighting be controlled differently in anticipation of an end credits scene? Ex, fading up to only 25% during credits, and going back to 0% when the end credits scene begins?
Mh, i think i don´t understand your question completely. What´s the difference between "credits" and "end credits"?

You can get information from the Player in which state it´s currently in. You can distinguish between "Main content" (movie is playing), "Intermission" and "End credits". You also get information if the K menu is currently displayed.
Since you can differentiate between all these different states, you can assign whatever action you want to it.

This wouldn't be possible.

There is only a single bookmark that indicates the transition from "Main content" to "End credits". In most cases that End Credit bookmark is set right when the end credits begin. That would be the only queue your control system will get until the movie is over (or you stop playback). So if you began fading up your lights at that bookmark, there will be no subsequent bookmark to tell you that a mid-credit or end-credit scene has started.

Note that in some cases (e.g. Marvel movies where there's pretty much always a mid-credit scene, the content team will hold off on setting the end credit bookmark until after that scene but that is not always the case.

Mh, i think i don´t understand your question completely. What´s the difference between "credits" and "end credits"?

You can get information from the Player in which state it´s currently in. You can distinguish between "Main content" (movie is playing), "Intermission" and "End credits". You also get information if the K menu is currently displayed.
Since you can differentiate between all these different states, you can assign whatever action you want to it.
J. Green answered already. My question was regarding movies that start the credits, then have another scene in the middle of or at the end of the credits. I wasn't sure if there was a mark at the start of the credits and at the scene, but apparently only after a final scene.

So @J.Green, how does it handle a movie like Ferris Bueller or Airplane! when there's literally another scene at the end of the credit sequence? Where are you placing that data point?

So @J.Green, how does it handle a movie like Ferris Bueller or Airplane! when there's literally another scene at the end of the credit sequence? Where are you placing that data point?
Keep in mind, I'm not on the Content Team so I don't do the bookmarking myself. But having had some discussions with them, the best I can tell you is, "It depends". If that end-credit scene is really pivotal to the movie, then they might put the bookmark after that scene but in most cases, random epilogue clips like that are not given special treatment and the end credit bookmark will be put at the beginning of the credit roll.

J. Green answered already. My question was regarding movies that start the credits, then have another scene in the middle of or at the end of the credits. I wasn't sure if there was a mark at the start of the credits and at the scene, but apparently only after a final scene.
Ah, understood. Yes, in these cases, it would indeed make sense to set the flag back to "Main Content" and then again to "End Credits" when that scene is finished.

It’s also worth noting that the end credits bookmark is also what flags a title to be part of the Paused collection. When playback is stopped after that point, a paused bookmark will NOT be created.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be neat if they had an additional bookmark setting for movies with additional post-credit scenes. Like maybe I'd only set my lights to dim up a little bit when the credits hit if Kaleidescape knew there was still more content coming, but if the lights fully turned on then I would know the movie is over over.

Back