• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Control 4

Hi taker,

Sorry no one has answered your question. I'm actually curious myself about the C4 gear's ability to work with K. There is no k "module" that I'm aware of, but the C4 should be programmable. Are you using the C4 remotes?

Jim

We are a Kscape and C4 dealer in London UK and we have a lot of experience with Control 4 and we do know of people that have used Kscape with Control 4, although you don't get to see the covers etc on the touch screens as part of the system - which I am sure is what you are after.

The C4 system is of course quite adept at dealing with the Sony DVD changer where it can communicate and do the lookup of details like the Escient does. However the Kscape is fundamentally quite different from a changer and there isn't a way of selecting a DVD by number or indeed any need to look up the details of the DVD as Kscape already does this.

C4 has a particular (tricky) way of writing drivers and at the moment the only framework would be that of a DVD changer. However we believe that C4 is about to interface with some form of PC based movie server. Now this may well result in a new framework within C4 which might provide a way of hooking more deeply into Kaleidescape.

I know this isn't the answer you'd hope for but there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

bti,

Thanks for jumping in with that information, and welcome to the forum!:)

Jim

I realize this thread is pretty old, but if anybody was interested. There is a pretty good IR driver for the K-scape with Control4. We use it often, of course being IR only it is definitely limiting, however control4 has opened up the capabilities of drivers with DriverWorks this past year, making it possible to write a two-way driver for the K-scape. I haven't seen a good one pop up yet, but I've heard that K-Scape is working on one themselves. Which probably means that there is still quite a bit of lead time before we see it come out, but I imagine that it won't be too long.

Kaleidescape provides drivers for the Control4

Looks like they have the two way IP drivers for Control4 complete.

I wish the C4 Navigator would automatically pull the DVD information into the C4 Onscreen like it has for the Music list. This looks like a limitation of the Kaleidescape driver and not the C4 system. C4 currently can get DVD information from Sony DVD Changer, Netgear EVA9150, and Zatabit.

http://www.kaleidescape.com/support/control-systems/control4.php

control4-nonvideo-osd.jpg

control4-standalone.jpg

Back