• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Compatibility of american server with European Players

Hi Guys,

a friend of me is looking into buying a K-System. Because I am updating my system with an M700 Vault and a code A Player I could sell him my european M500 and M300 Players quite decently priced. He is now looking for a used 3U Server. The only question we need to solve is, whether he can use a server from america. Because you have over there a lot more installations it is quite easier to get a used and decently priced server from the US. Would that work? Do we need to contact a local dealer over here for the setup or is it possible to just connect everything and the system will work more or less out of the box?

Thanx in advance for your much appreciated replies!

Cheers!

Dirk

You can use American servers with European players without any issues. I have region A, B and C players all running off my server without any problems.

The setup might work right out of the box, or it might take a slight bit of troubleshooting if the used server is set up on a fixed IP address that is on a different subnet from your DHCP server. If you can't get a local dealer who wants to help you out, I can talk him through it should he have any difficulties. Shoot me a private message if you need a phone number or just send an email to mike@cinemawizards.com and I will do my best to help with any technical issues if he has a problem.

...or if you're buying a used server out of the US, just get the seller to set it back to DHCP before they power it down for the last time. I guess most owners would know how to do this. If not K tech support are always just a phone call away, or you can do it yourself (how to do this is well documented in the KB). Once you can talk to the server on DHCP it's very easy to change it to a static IP suitable for your subnet.

Thanx for the fast replies. Because I am a techie for more than 20 years handling a wrong IP or unknown IP address isn?t a problem. ;-)

But anyway it would be easier if the seller sets it back to DHCP.

Kind regards

Dirk

Back