• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Compact Terra bus

Sonus

I have been having download speed issues with my compact Terra and K ack now it is a software bug and they will fix it in the next, next release i.e 4-6 months.

I am happy that we finally found the root cause but it took me months to get them to listen and not blame my ISP for the problem.

And now I have this weird issue where the player reboots in the middle of playing a movie. It happed a while back and this Friday while we were watching Sonic 2, in the middle of the movie the Strato C reboots.

I contacted support but like last time they don't know what is the root cause and how to fix it, I have a feeling this is again a software issue but I don't want to wait months to get them to ack it.

Anyone here has the same issue and can post them here so I can get K to look into it?

I had a similar issue with my Strato C. I get a red screen and my Strato C reboots and acts like I never watched the movie and I have to forward to where it stopped. Very annoying, if it’s a software issue, I will need to apologize to my installer for threatening them.

I had a similar issue once (red screen and random restart). Contacted support and the logs showed an HDCP “handshake” error. I changed out HDMI cables and never had the issue again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a similar issue with my Strato C. I get a red screen and my Strato C reboots and acts like I never watched the movie and I have to forward to where it stopped. Very annoying, if it’s a software issue, I will need to apologize to my installer for threatening them.
Support can see my crashing logs but they have no idea what is the problem, they did suggest making sure jumbo frames are off in the network as the C apparently has issues with jumbo frames enabled, it can be the cause of the problem. If you know how to check make sure jumbo frames are disabled in your network.

Did your problem get resolved?
I made an account here to post that I have a similar issue with my Strato C (playing off a Terra 12TB). It happened three times on three consecutive days (as early as 5 minutes into playing a movie). My player is connected via the supplied HDMI cable to a Trinnov Altitude 32 which is connected to a Sony GTZ380. I checked the temperature on the device and it doesn't get above 60 degrees (my first guess was that it may be a heat issue albeit, it's in an air conditioned rack?).
I have also reviewed the settings on all my networking gear and jumbo frames are disabled on all switches.

NB: I do not see a red screen when it crashes/reboots. But the projector may not be quick enough to display it if the EDID changed.

So far yes, the issue with the C is it doesn't work with jumbo frames well so in my case I had to buy a dedicated switch and create a new network around K that does now allow jumbo frames, as of now the problem is resolved and K informed me they do not have a plan to fix this issue anytime soon.

I would check that you don't have jumbo frames enabled on your switch and contact K support.

Thanks for the reply! Good to know.
Jumbo frames are disabled on my network. I emailed K support a few days ago and see what they will say. Hopefully, they can narrow down the issue by examining the log files.

Back