• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Compact Terra 6TB - front panel blinks 3x then goes off

thrillcat

Just tried to fire up the Kaleidescape System and I'm getting the message that the Strato C cannot connect to your Kaleidescape server.
  • Looked at the rack and the front panel light of the Terra was off.
  • Tried power cycling, the front panel light will breathe/blink 3 times, then gives up and goes off.
  • Unplugged from AC for awhile, plugged back in, same thing.
When I try to navigate to my-kaleidescape.local the page won't load, even though the Strato C seems to be functioning properly. Logging into My Systems from the K website shows the Terra as offline, last connected this morning.

You're not logging in to the Strato, you're logging in to the Terra, so if it's "Off" you will not reach it (obviously).

It is either the power supply or an internal problem with the Terra. Start with Support to determine what they see on their end (the last logs before the Terra disconnected), contact your dealer.

Jim

You're not logging in to the Strato, you're logging in to the Terra, so if it's "Off" you will not reach it (obviously).

It is either the power supply or an internal problem with the Terra. Start with Support to determine what they see on their end (the last logs before the Terra disconnected), contact your dealer.

Jim
Interesting, I would've assumed it was communicating with both, not one or the other.

The power supply indicator light is green. I've reached out to support.

When you log in using the My-kaleidescape it is using the Server's IP. Once you are on the main page you can get to the other components in the system, including your players.

Understood, and Support should be able to assist.

Jim

Maybe similar to our issues above?

Maybe similar to our issues above?

Yea, same issue here with both our systems being manufactured around the same time. Mine is currently on the way back to them and I'm awaiting a replacement.

I think it depends when you received the replacement, it might have been new, but could have been manufactured within the same time period K is looking into regarding these issues. They're still requesting owners to contact their dealers if they are experiencing problems.

Jim

I had the same issue. I bought my Strato C in August. In just 1 week of ownership, I had all these connection issues. They offered a replacement but I had to ship the unit back at my own cost. I offered to drive there because I work 2 blocks from their office. They said no. I decided to return it at Best Buy and bought a new one. It works fine now. At first I was like, $4000 + tax for something that has reliability issues? But with the new unit, I now know why K is great. It’s just the pricing of the Terra’s I have issues with. The pricing for the movies could be better. Perhaps at a 20% premium over VUDU’s pricing would be fair.

Back