• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Collection Management in App?

TrackZ

The new mobile app release notes talk about putting movies into and viewing collections.

I’m not finding any new controls to manage collections, put movies in them, or see them. Anyone else?

Or am I embarrassing myself by missing something so obvious? Or maybe misunderstanding this feature? @MikeKobb

Yeah, the new feature is not about user collection management. We've added a feature to the store that you'll start to see in coming days that allows us to display what is in effect a collection of collections.

So, imagine for example a "Superbundles" collection that shows a row for each of the active Superbundle collections. (I don't know if the store team plans to do this, just describing one possibility.)

I don't think there are any collections like that live in the store right now because we're in the process of rolling out the new apps and the web front-end code that supports it. But you'll begin to see them soon.

Yeah, the new feature is not about user collection management. We've added a feature to the store that you'll start to see in coming days that allows us to display what is in effect a collection of collections.

So, imagine for example a "Superbundles" collection that shows a row for each of the active Superbundle collections. (I don't know if the store team plans to do this, just describing one possibility.)

I don't think there are any collections like that live in the store right now because we're in the process of rolling out the new apps and the web front-end code that supports it. But you'll begin to see them soon.
Hi Mike,

This is one example right? combination of pre-orders, premium new releases and premium rentals collections?

Back