• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Co-Star switch not always detected by new processor

markrubin

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I just installed a new Anthem AVM 90 processor: it replaced an Anthem AVM 70
I have a Strato and a Cinema One SE connected via a Co-Star to the Anthem.
Occasionally, when the Co-Star selects a different player, I get no audio detected, or worse, no audio or video
A repower of the Co-Star restores the signal
With the AVM 70, it worked properly. The AVM 90 has the new HDMI board
I know if I connect the players direct to the processor they work, but not through the switch.
Any ideas what is going on? I tried different cables etc
tia

More: repowering the Co-Star does not fix the issue
I removed the Co-Star from the system: both Strato and Cinema 1 plugged direct to Anthem work fine

That processor has the latest/greatest HDMI and the costar switch doesn’t. Can you “dumb down” the source input on your processor? SJ

Sometimes adding a simple HDMI splitter into the path is enough to "shuffle" the handshake enough to make the devices happy. If you can't figure anything else out, you may want to give that a try.

Andy

resolved: I opened a ticket with Anthem and they sent me a new replacement unit: that and some newer HDMI cables fixed the issue

Back