• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Co-Star - Strato : No Audio Problem

dFs

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Hi, me again.
I'm having problems after problems.

So I have a Strato and M500 connected via Co-Star.

The Strato's "Main" HDMI is going to the Co-Star and the Strato's "Audio Only" HDMI is going to my AVR.

Problem is;
I'm only getting audio when I am viewing content that is stored on the Strato.
If I want to view content stored on my M500/1U system, I get no audio.

If I don't use the two HDMI outputs as mentioned above, I get problems with the video output.

Any solutions?

Does the Strato's "Audio Only" HDMI output only output audio sourced from the Strato? This makes sense, but if I go back to just using the"Main" output, I get bad videos problems.

Does the Strato's "Audio Only" HDMI output only output audio sourced from the Strato? This makes sense, but if I go back to just using the"Main" output, I get bad videos problems.

I posted on your other thread but I'll answer this question directly here. In a Co-Star setup, audio and video always comes directly from the device that is playing. So content being played by the Strato is output on the HDMI cable(s) connected to the Strato. Content being played by the paired M500 is output on the HDMI cable connected to the M500. It is not passed through to the Strato. The Strato simply acts as a command routing platform to control the M500.

Therefore, if your audio is on two different HDMI cables, your AVR would need to switch inputs when playing content from the different devices.

Back