• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Co-Star issues

markrubin

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Just recently I am seeing issues where my Cinema One will not operate correctly through a Co-Star switch which links it to a Stratos: it seems to lose communications with the Disc Vault.
When I unlink my Cinema system (consists of two Cinema One’s and a DV) from the Strato and eliminate the Co-Star (feeding hdmi to Anthem AVM90) it works fine
Up until now the Co-Star linked system worked OK
I have checked/rebooted everything
any ideas?
tia

I have some more details: hopefully I can get some assistance:
I tested my K system with a new Marantz AV10 processor: this is when I started to see this issue. When I put the Anthem AVM90 back in, the issue persists.
The issue is Blu Ray discs in the DV appear greyed out unless I select 'other version' in the menu and point it from DVD to the Blu Ray: then another window pops up and I can access the disc: I never had to do this before.
Also, I cannot get audio from the linked player: I installed an HDMI splitter at the output of the linked player to the Co-Star switch and it resolved the problem.
But something happened to the setup as a result of it being connected to the Marantz, and I would like to get the system back to where it was.
My system consists of a Strato, a Terra server, two Cinema Ones SE and a Disc Vault. The players are linked via a Co-Star switch.
Thanks for any ideas

Is the DV just networked and not a player? Looks like it is showing you the Strato information as DVDs can be played directly from the DV via the Strato. I would maybe try unlinking costar (web gui) and the relinking.

The DV is just networked, not a player
unlinking/relinking did not fix it
but I deleted the DVD version and did a re-inventory of the DV and that fixed it: back to normal
the additional HDMI splitter will be left in the system: seems to make it more stable when Co-Star switching between linked players

Back