• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Cinema One, Blu-ray - Digital Download

douglasvb

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
So If I insert and rip a blu-ray disc to the Cinima One, "Pacific Rim", for example. How long does it take for it to show up in the Kaleidescape store to "go disc free"? Does the disc need to be in the drive for this to happen?

I haven't timed it, but it seems fairly quick. I would imagine the next time it checks in it should show up.

Kevin D.

To answer your second question, the disc does not need to be in the drive in order for you to exercise a disc to digital upgrade. You just have to have the content imported.

Well that's weird then, because I have 2 new discs imported; "Pacific Rim", and "Were the Millers", which I'd expect to become available for upgrade, but they haven't. I ripped them on Saturday.

Send an email to Kscape. There might be multiple versions that aren't all flagged as the same as the download store.

Kevin D.

I always thought that disc free offers were not available right away on new releases. However, I have no data to back this up - just total speculation on my part. It would be nice to know what the policy is on this.

John

Well that's weird then, because I have 2 new discs imported; "Pacific Rim", and "Were the Millers", which I'd expect to become available for upgrade, but they haven't. I ripped them on Saturday.

I just checked my Kaleidescape store. While I have many options for disc-free upgrades, Pacific Rim is not one of them. Not sure why?

From my library

Movies that have UV rights but can't go disc free
The Hangover III
Cloud Atlas
Nobody can explain why this us happening. As someone told me it might a punishment for owning the hangover part III :)

With No UV rights so it's most probably normal:

Robin Hood Prince of thieves
American Psycho
Total Recall 1990 mind bending edition
Rambo First Blood Part II no problem with part I
Rambo III
Name of the Rose

Had no problem with the Millers i went disc free for $1.99. Pacific I bought directly from the store.

Kaliedescape's very swift and thorough response:

Hello Doug,
Thank you for contacting Kaleidescape technical support. Different studios have different policies regarding the timeline or allowance under which a disc can be upgraded to a digital copy. Not all titles are available for the disc-free offer as well. In the case of Pacific Rim the allowance of this, if available, would be one year after the street release date of the disc. Based on this information and the research that I?ve done here this would become available on October 15, 2014. I cannot tell prior to that date if it will qualify for the disc-free offer.
Please let us know if you have any other questions and we will be happy to assist you.
Thank You

So they have our money, and are refusing to take more of it, under the hope we would purchase additional copies instead of just moving the disc around if we REALLY wanted to watch it on multiple systems? :confused: I hope it actually revolves around trying to spread-out sales from the initial burst and improve the tail.

Kaliedescape's very swift and thorough response:

Hello Doug,
Thank you for contacting Kaleidescape technical support. Different studios have different policies regarding the timeline or allowance under which a disc can be upgraded to a digital copy. Not all titles are available for the disc-free offer as well. In the case of Pacific Rim the allowance of this, if available, would be one year after the street release date of the disc. Based on this information and the research that I?ve done here this would become available on October 15, 2014. I cannot tell prior to that date if it will qualify for the disc-free offer.
Please let us know if you have any other questions and we will be happy to assist you.
Thank You

???
I upgraded mine for the standard 1.99
I have the 3D set, if that makes any difference.

From my library

Movies that have UV rights but can't go disc free
The Hangover III
Cloud Atlas
Nobody can explain why this us happening. As someone told me it might a punishment for owning the hangover part III :)

With No UV rights so it's most probably normal:

Robin Hood Prince of thieves
American Psycho
Total Recall 1990 mind bending edition
Rambo First Blood Part II no problem with part I
Rambo III
Name of the Rose

As a side note, Rambo III was just added to the store this week (I had inquired about it over the weekend). if you see something missing from the store and notify K about it they are very good about responding.

John

Back