• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Cinema One Audio Delay

JohnJ

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
New to Kscape and new to this forum.

I just got a Cinema One and I have one issue with it. I get a delay from when I start a movie until the sound starts. The delay is ~4s. It also happens everytime I pause a movie and then hit play again. I was trying to do a work around for favorite scenes by making a script that included a faviorite sceen with black screen and no audio. This lead me to the discovery that I get the 4 sec delay on a script every time it moves to another favorite scene.

I tried moving the server to another TV instead of running through by pre/pro but i get the same problem (although the delay before the audio came on was less). I was connected via HDMI only for both setups. I also tried playing movies directly from the tray with the same issue.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions on something to try to elimate the delay.

Regards,
John

Hello John,

may it is the time you receiver or processor needs to process the signal?

Regards,

Patrick

I might think that there is some interaction on this. But I don't have any problems with my DVD changer or my PS3 for blu-rays.

Regards,
John

First thing that comes to mind is that HDCP handshake, for some reason, is taking longer with the Kaleidescape than your other equipment. My questions are as follows,

1) How are you connecting the DVD player and PS3? Are they both connected via HDMI?
2) What brand & model pre/pro are you running them through?
3) Is there a HDMI matrix switch any where in the mix?
4) How long is your HDMI run?

Depending on your answers above, what you are experiencing may be normal HDMI HDCP handshake issues.

Let me know.

I have added in answers below.

First thing that comes to mind is that HDCP handshake, for some reason, is taking longer with the Kaleidescape than your other equipment. My questions are as follows,

1) How are you connecting the DVD player and PS3? Are they both connected via HDMI? Both are HDMI. The DVD player was connected to the pre/pro with the exact same cable and input. 2) What brand & model pre/pro are you running them through? Anthem D23) Is there a HDMI matrix switch any where in the mix? Anthem does switching/scaling of video. When I hooked to TV it was a direct connection. 4) How long is your HDMI run? ~8 ft. Depending on your answers above, what you are experiencing may be normal HDMI HDCP handshake issues.

Let me know.

HDMI is the reason why

Hello there,

This is my first post on this forum, we are Kaleidescape dealers in Lebanon and we supply to the whole of the middle east region.

I faced the same issue with my 1U server and an M500 player, scripts would run awkwardly where you could see the video playing with no audio for about 4s and then the audio starts, which really is annoying if you are showing a demonstration to a client ( i have the scripts on our demo system ). the problem occurs only when connected to a display via hdmi and audio is routed through HDMI, connecting to any other surround processors using optical, coaxial or stereo output would solve the issue.

so it leaves me to say that "DigitalStudioWerks" got it right, just wanted to post this as a confirmation as i tested with both hdmi and the other audio outputs and the latter solves the problem.

Thanks...

Last edited:
Back