• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Cinema One (2nd gen) w/ Co-Star to Strato C and Terra setup questions

Rengozu

I finally just got a Co-Star hooked up to bridge my Cinema One and Strato C, but one thing I didn't realize (unless I'm missing it) is that now I don't have access to any of my music loaded to the Cinema One? I can't find anywhere to access it now that its linked. Spent a lot of time getting all of that on order and never thought about it not working anymore if I linked up. :p

Also, is there a migration option to transfer my currently owned Blu-ray quality titles to the Cinema One? I know I can just go through the process and re-download, but was hoping for a quicker one step in-house migration. Figured doing that would free up some 4K space for me in the long run.

Also have a Strato S in the house so I was relieved to see that the Cinema One titles only show up on the linked Strato C unit. Had been curious how that was going to work. Much less of a headache than clicking movies that the server can't display.

Thanks!

Yes you lose the music when paring so the work around I used was to add an additional Premier line player to my system (via e-bay) so I can still have the music play and accessible that is on my legacy system in the paired zones

Yes you lose the music when paring so the work around I used was to add an additional Premier line player to my system (via e-bay) so I can still have the music play and accessible that is on my legacy system in the paired zones
With Cinema One, you'd need to add another Cinema One.

My suggestion, to be frank, is to migrate the music off of your Cinema One and onto some other platform. We provide a tool that will losslessly export your music to a PC or Mac for this purpose. The music functionality of the product is in a maintenance mode, with no metadata being added for newly released albums.

I just used the additional player solution to maintain access to the music and keep everything together. I did also export all my music using the music export tool and now have it on Roon as my music and streaming platform of choice, as for music I can't remember the last cd I bought so I hadn't picked up on the sunsetting of the metadata updates.

Back