• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Celebs with Kaleidescape

We have put in Kaleidescape systems for Sam Jackson, Sly Stallone, Jim Carrey, Seal, Eddie Murphy, Kelsey Grammer, and many others...they all love it and use it every day...per that article, I just added a full 750 gb server for Sam...and loaded all of his movies...He has capacity for about 2,000 discs, as he mentioned in that interview...
Fun to make these guys happy!
Jeff

Come on Dizzman - you don't work for K anymore, so give us a few names!

According to this article, 50 Cent owns a Kaleidescape too.

50 cent does indeed have a K system as reported by Variety. The system was featured in a half hour episode on MTV Cribs a month or two ago.

You can see the system in the last one minute of the first of 4 video streams here:

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1574770&vid=191245

I hope he's got more than just that one rack of gear you see as they enter the unused kitchen. I saw the Extron matrix switch near the top, but let me tell you if that is all for that house then it is a VERY small system.

Oh, and the fact that he has a house like that is ridiculous.

I think 50 has a lot more then cents. Biggest disappointment - no 2.35:1 screen. I think we've got a great country that a man can make something of himself. Good for 50 Cent. My guess on the system in the kitchen is this is a kind of zone of equipment.

Isn't that Mike Tyson's former home?

Given the location of the rack I agree with Jerry, it looks like that was installed as a retrofit in a closet space. It makes little sense to be there otherwise. The media/theatre room probably has it's own rack (I didn't see the K system in the rack, but I may have missed it. Probably needs at least two servers based on the DVD collection he mentioned).

I agree, good for him.:)

Jim

Guys, i agree good for him. Its people like that that butter my bread. I guess I just have to wonder if a 25k ft. house would have been enough and the rest could have been put to use helping others?

Who knows.

Well, that is an interesting question. I think we all should try to help others when we have circumstances that permit, but I feel strongly that its up to the individual to define for themselves the amount of help they wish to provide. I have no idea of 50 Cent's charitable work- he may be terribly "cheap" or tremendously generous or somewhere in the middle. I think being fortunate to indulge in a dream or two is a good thing and I wouldn't judge him even if he doesnt do any charity work- though I would hope he does. Btw- I love his cars and I like how he discusses his Ferrari F50- Its a conversation starter for his rich friends. LOL.

I do believe that was Mr. Tyson's former digs. Nice place- not quite my style but thats purely a personal thing.

Hi E.J.

Sorry about that! My "good for him" comment was NOT meant to be a response to your post.:) It is more a general comment that acknowledges what hard work (or excellent marketing) can accomplish in our wonderful country.

The house is not my style either, it's waaaay too small!:D

Jim

Hey, to get the full and proper use of a K system, you NEED 3 nannies!!:D

Jim

Well, they stated that Seal has a system earlier and considering he is married to Heidi Klum I would think it is redundant to say she has one too.

I have heard a story about Matthew Perry buying a Kaleidescape.

Back