• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

CD Import problem - UPC: 044006342221

Rod Stewart - Reason To Believe: The Complete Mercury Studio Recordings UPC: 044006342221
3 CD album

Failed to import Disc 1&2 Correctly only Disc 3 was done right.

Work around was to enter the first 2 CD's manually.
Now I have this album listed 3 times (1 Disc each) in my music list insted of one entry having 3 discs

Hi Jerry, welcome to the forum!

Can you clarify a bit? it sounds from your description that it imported fine, but that the system didn't accurately supply the metadata for the disc. Is that correct? (If so, technically that's not an "import problem", it's a movie-guide or music-guide database problem).

If that's the case, you can contact Kaleidescape's Movie Guide service at movieguide‐data@kaleidescape.com and they'll add the data either via UPC you supply or by having you loan them the discs via postage-paid mailers.

--josh

Yes import okay but info from database not quite right.

Thanks ... This is my first week using the unit ... I will wait until I get my whole music collection loaded before sending an email ... there might be a few more guide problems ... :)

Keep in mind that Kaleidescape may already know about your problem. They will have seen an unrecognized import and your UPC entry to go with it. you could email that email address above and see if they're already working on it or would like to borrow your CD.
In the meantime, you can easily add your own title and cover art yourself while waiting for them to fix the issue at their end.

Back