• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Cars 3 Blu-ray Not Found

fritzcurtis

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
I imported the new Cars 3 blu-ray and no info was found on it? It asked me for the barcode, etc. Has K not updated the store bought blu-rays into their database? Weird to me.

It's unfortunately pretty common for movies -- especially major popular movies -- to be released in multiple different disc versions that are almost entirely the same, but are different enough that we can't automatically determine that they're the same movie. It's possible that you happened to buy one that we have not processed in house.

Did you enter the barcode? If this is the issue, our guide services team can usually sort it out quickly once we know what the movie is.

I have a related problem. The BluRay version of Cars 3 that I entered (complete with supplemental disc) has cover art and actor/cast/director info, but -- no navigation! (No "Play movie" or "extras", etc). I don't see a place to put in the UPC bar code, since the system seems to think it has information already. (And, when I go to "Play Disc", it calls them "Disc 0" and "Disc 0 Supplement".

Any thoughts on how to fix?

I have a related problem. The BluRay version of Cars 3 that I entered (complete with supplemental disc) has cover art and actor/cast/director info, but -- no navigation! (No "Play movie" or "extras", etc). I don't see a place to put in the UPC bar code, since the system seems to think it has information already. (And, when I go to "Play Disc", it calls them "Disc 0" and "Disc 0 Supplement".

Any thoughts on how to fix?

It just means K hasn't bookmarked that disc yet.

So, does the fact that it is partially in the system indicate that they are working on it and I just have to wait? Fine with me if it will eventually resolve itself...

I checked with our guide team, and it seems like you probably have one of those alternate versions I mentioned above. I think the one you have is in the process of being bookmarked. It should be done later this weekend.

Ok. Thanks for the info. I simply purchased this version at Best Buy and didn't suspect that it would end up being an "alternate version".

Yeah, there's almost no way to predict it. With popular titles, there just tend to be different versions, sometimes for different retailers or different geographies.

Ok. Now I have some bookmarks. However, there are no scenes -- even though the electronic version from the Movie store has 5 of them. Is this just to be expected or will scenes eventually show up? Also, there is one weirdness. Under "Play Disc" link it shows "Disk 0" and "Disk 0 (supplement)" while under the "Eject Disc" link it calls them "Disk 1" and "Disk 1 (supplement)".

Sorry if I'm simply commenting on a "work in progress".

It is still in progress. Better to get the movie bookmarks pushed out as soon as possible and follow with other features. We've fixed the disc labels (might not see that until the next guide update), and the scenes will be up in the next few days!

Back