• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Can only Play Music, not Movies since last import event

Calm-One

All,

My 1U with M500 was given a music CD and a Blu-Ray to import Friday night.

When this was done, I noticed that the system now reported that it was at 100% capacity, with space for 2 more DVDs or 26 CDs from the web interface.

That is fine, time to add the 4th HD to get more capacity.

The next morning I went to play that Blu-Ray for the kids (Tangled 2D) and found that my KScape information was not showing on the AMX panel used to control the full system any longer which was strange.

The AMX (NI3100 and panel) has flaked out before, but never with an IP attached device like the KScape - only serial.

On the display (Sony) I do not see cover art or other things that one would normally see.

I did get surprised when I saw the KScape screensaver kick in; that did come on the display when timers trigger that event.

I tried a full power event meaning that I shut everything down last night and tried again this morning; no effect.

So I tried using the web interface from the home network.

Strange as it may sound, when clicking to Music Zone, I can select and play music. I still get nothing on the display nor the AMX; but on the web things change as expected.

But, when I select media_room_Blu-Ray from the /user webpage, all I can see is that the screensaver is active, but when I click to do something, nothing happens.

Lastly, as I had never needed to try it before, I even put batteries into the KScape remote. All it seems to be able to do is interrupt the screensaver.

I deleted a couple DVDs from the library to back capacity down to 99% with no change.

So, is this a busted M500, a new bug , er feature regarding capacity, or a Disney virus? :eek:

Other tidbits:
Static IPs on M500 and 1U server. GigE network.
/installer diagnostics tab shows everything without errors
Software version 4.1.0-9184
House surge + Rack UPS/surge/conditioner.

Cheers

Just discovered that turning off the components from the front panels really does not turn off the power as I had thought.

The clue was the KScape screensaver still displaying after pushing the power buttons and the screensaver staying and animating.

A full power off event meaning turning the rack/switched UPS to off seems to have addressed the issue.

The KScape (along with the remote and AMX) all seem to work again.

But what caused the issue in the first place?

Cheers

If it was just nothing showing up on screen, I would think it a signal out-of-range problem, but hard to say with all the other "feature"ness.

Back