• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

C1G2 and loads of Blu-Rays

glockyyy

Is there a way I can get a Cinema One Second Generation to act like an Alto and catalogue but not import Blu-Rays in a DV700 so I don't use all the 6Tb capacity and accept playback from disc?

Can I make a Premiere system and point a Cinema One Second Generation to say a 1U server and fill that up with the excess Blu-Rays?

If both answers are no. Anyway want to swap a C1G2 for an Alto lol

If you opt-in to the Disney agreement, then all Disney titles will be cataloged instead of imported. All other titles will still be imported, but it would save some space on the hard drive.

You can technically import the movies then delete them soon after. Those movies should appear in digital offers even after you delete them from your C1G2. Sure it will take hours for each disc but at least it will give you a way to convert your discs to digital.

You will only be able to keep about 200 of those digital downloads on the C1G2 but all the rest will be stored on the cloud for you to download anytime.

That’s presuming I want to pay for them again and pay for the storage on either the cinema one or the strato to store them!! My mistake here was thinking I could get what the alto does ie I could stick 300 Blu-rays in the vault and just play from the disc without needing to provide the overhead in storage too

Back