• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Buy Strato S or C

Dear All

I need your guidance. I only have budget to buy Strato S not C. Question if I buy Strato S is this still a good option for next few years. I heared there is no video or audio difference in S vs C only download speed. Any guidnace is appreicated.

First, the two options you noted are not the same. The Strato-S is a single box that has both storage for storing downloaded Store content, and a built in 4k Player. You do not need any other component to purchase, download, and playback K Store content.

In contrast, the Strato-C is only a 4K (and lower resolutions) Player. It does not have any storage. To use a Strato-C you would also need to pair it with a Terra Server (or another Strato/Strato-S, because those have storage). The Terra Server stores downloaded movies, and the Strato-C (or other Strato) plays them back.

Currently, the smallest sized Terra sold by K is the 8TB model, and this must be paired with a Strato-C or one of the older Strato's.

Jim

If buying a Strato-S, it will likely be used, unless you happen to locate a dealer that has a new one purchased when they were still available. There are a couple for sale in our Forum Marketplace. When possible, you should try to purchase one that still has remaining warranty because if it fails while out of warranty it is basically "bricked." It "might" be able to be used to obtain a credit toward the purchase of a new system, but this policy changes from time to time, so you cannot count on that option.

Jim

Only you can decide the value, based on my last comment. Regarding playback quality, the two players are basically the same.

Jim

Sorry if I misread your first post, it sounded like you were equating the two players and trying to decide which one to buy....but maybe that's just me.

Jim

Yes you are right Jim. I am planning to buy from Rooster he is selling. So waiting for him to tell me how to pay. btw what is safest mode of payment pls suggest.i am new to buy online.,

You are safe with Rooster regardless of the payment method he suggests. You don't have to worry about getting scammed with him, he'll sell you exactly what he advertises, so don't be concerned about payment.

That said, typical online payments are through PayPal, but there are fees involved. Some folks use Venmo or Zelle, if the transaction meets their requirements (usually monetary limits).

Jim

Dear All

I need your guidance. I only have budget to buy Strato S not C. Question if I buy Strato S is this still a good option for next few years. I heared there is no video or audio difference in S vs C only download speed. Any guidnace is appreicated.
As Jim noted, they aren't completely comparable. If you don't have Encore storage, then you need to go S. If you do already have storage, then I'd probably stick with a C, as they have [at least] one less thing that can go wrong and end-up bricking the player (plus less power/heat/noise/etc.) That, and they should be quite a bit cheaper.

Back