• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Bundling Existing Movies

TrackZ

Figured I'd make a dedicated thread on this request since the concept is spread across a few places.

Many folks already have large movie libraries (myself included), which means when a bundle comes along, we may only "need" one or two of the titles. The way super bundle pricing is though, you need to add 3 or 4 titles before the price drops. This prevents existing customers from snagging those films and completing our collections at the preferred pricing.

Don't give the raw deal to your most loyal customers. :)

One suggestion having been discussed is allowing existing owned titles to add in the "bundled" count to achieve the preferred pricing on other titles.

If I look at the Batman bundle, I own every title in it except the new "The Batman", but it takes 3 titles to discount. I already own 7/8 titles.

1658323730675.png

This situation exists for me right now in several of the currently available bundles. I would happily buy all the remaining movies in these bundles at the sales prices if I could.

Would love to see Kaleidescape folks comment here if something could be done? Is something being considered?

If you are a user/customer please folks your thoughts and +1 if you are also limited by the current logistics. I'll probably spin out a YouTube video on the topic.

Since the "bunding" concept is relatively new to Kaleidescape, I can see the angst with this. However, what happens down the road when bundling has been around for long time with multiple occasions for people to purchased the bundles. Are we then going to expect K to allow us to purchase the latest addition the the series at a very reduced price even though it is a new release and people have already purchased others in the series at a bundled price?

I, for one, don't expect this. I want K to make a fair profit so they stay financially strong and can continue to innovate.

John

Figured I'd make a dedicated thread on this request since the concept is spread across a few places.

Many folks already have large movie libraries (myself included), which means when a bundle comes along, we may only "need" one or two of the titles. The way super bundle pricing is though, you need to add 3 or 4 titles before the price drops. This prevents existing customers from snagging those films and completing our collections at the preferred pricing.

One suggestion having been discussed is allowing existing owned titles to add in the "bundled" count to achieve the preferred pricing on other titles.

If I look at the Batman bundle, I own every title in it except the new "The Batman", but it takes 3 titles to discount. I already own 7/8 titles.

View attachment 2730

This situation exists for me right now in several of the currently available bundles. I would happily buy all the remaining movies in these bundles at the sales prices if I could.

Would love to see Kaleidescape folks comment here if something could be done? Is something being considered?

If you are a user/customer please folks your thoughts and +1 if you are also limited by the current logistics. I'll probably spin out a YouTube video on the topic.

Thank you @TrackZ for starting a dedicated thread on this.

I am 8 months into K and really starting to enjoy the various bundles and how much more common this has become since I have become a customer. So yes, I am picking up a ton of movies that otherwise I would have stayed away with the regular price. So the bundle price marketing is certainly working.

Now, as I build my library and become a more longer customer I can already see where bundles will not be any more excitement as called out in the thread. Movies that I know I can’t pick up any longer if and when a bundle is available are already increasing. (New Jurassic park, minions, fantastic beasts etc. I know these are common bundles I see ).

Here is where the K difference or the K factor can kick in for longer time customers.

1. As called out if you already own more than the minimum required for the bundle, are there other options?

2. It could be like if there are say 5 in a bundle and you already own 3, and the minimum requirement is 3, the offer could be extended to say pick up the remaining 2 but maybe couple of bucks more than the full bundle price or something like that.

3 For the example in the main thread of the new Batman is the only one that is missing from the collection and a bundle goes up, say we can pick up up at $11.99 than the otherwise bundle price of $9.99, maybe that will work too.

As mentioned, for me I am really enjoying the new bundles and picking up movies like crazy as I am “new” to the K universe. I can clearly see how say a few months from now, the bundle is no longer going to be of any interest and will have to wait to see if individual movies missing in the collection ever goes on sale.

And yes, I have invested more than I could chew on the K system (and throughly love it , no questions) but do have to cheap out and wait for movies on sale to own as for many movies I can’t go all in on the original price.

Hope we get to see some perks and changes if possible on bundles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@JohnJ good points. I don't know the answers, just asking the questions and making some suggestions.

Also, I do want to give props to K. We've asked for bundles for a long time and now they are delivering them like crazy!

Since the "bunding" concept is relatively new to Kaleidescape, I can see the angst with this. However, what happens down the road when bundling has been around for long time with multiple occasions for people to purchased the bundles. Are we then going to expect K to allow us to purchase the latest addition the the series at a very reduced price even though it is a new release and people have already purchased others in the series at a bundled price?

I, for one, don't expect this. I want K to make a fair profit so they stay financially strong and can continue to innovate.

John
At a minimum, the price of a movie without the bundle shouldn't be more than the cost of minimum bundle price. That's the real rub with me for Batman. If I hadn't spent more money with K in the past, I could buy The Batman (plus 2 movies) for less than I can buy The Batman by itself. That's irritating.

I'd also contend that the people that own all of the movies of a bundle are probably the ones keeping K afloat... and I'd also suggest the more movies you buy the more storage you're likely to buy too.

So many bundles, it's comical now. Does the discussion shift to the pricing of storage now? **ducks**

How about cross-bundle substitutions like:
Bumblebee with D2D $27.94
The Batman with D2D $29.53
Venom ...Let there Be Carnage....

ok, now Star Trek and Spider-man have joined the fight. If they throw in Disney my head will explode.

Perhaps there is a way to offer complete the set parity or d2d parity with bundle pricing- especially when some d2d pricing is actually better than bundle pricing.

John
I think I am with you on this. I won't do a good job of articulating it and so I won't try but it makes little sense to me. I get why I might enjoy it if it was that way but I can't possibly expect it and it makes little commercial sense. As you say, it's more in my interest that they make a profit and enrich the service. Might deter them from offering bundles even - i.e. why bother.

There is only one bundle that is of real value for me this time around. I don't feel penalised, just happy that since being a K customer there has been a steady stream of offers, far more than I had anticipated which has frankly been great. :)

I do understand that everyone sees these things differently and that's only right too.

Newer owner, but I've thought the same with these sequel bundles. Like cool, you can buy ALL the Batman . . or Fast and Furious, Jurassic Park whatever . . and save a nice chunk, but what happens next year when the sequel comes? There's always bound to be another bundle but it kinda sucks you won't be able to benefit any from it when you already own the other required films.

Although it is not a perfect solution, it would be nice to be able to mix-and-match from the various bundles. For example, one or two from the Batman bundled combined with one or two from the X-Men bundle, etc. Then you would be able to complete your collections at the bundle pricing as long as the minimum number of titles are in your cart when you checkout.

If the price for Bumblebee is $27.94 and you only need two titles to pay $6.99 for each, can you delete a title you own and make it available for purchase again? Currently owned titles are greyed-out, understandably.

If the price for Bumblebee is $27.94 and you only need two titles to pay $6.99 for each, can you delete a title you own and make it available for purchase again? Currently owned titles are greyed-out, understandably.

Deleting it from your system does not delete it from your Store account. You do however raise an interesting question, one that I don't think anyone has asked to this point (how do you delete titles from your Store account?). I'll wait for Mike to comment on that one.

Jim

Deleting it from your system does not delete it from your Store account. You do however raise an interesting question, one that I don't think anyone has asked to this point (how do you delete titles from your Store account?). I'll wait for Mike to comment on that one.

Jim

That's another feature I've asked for since quite a while ago. I definitely have some carry over/UV port-in stinkers I would like to remove permanently.

We need either a permanent account delete or something like an account-wide hide/restore function like iTunes has.

Although it is not a perfect solution, it would be nice to be able to mix-and-match from the various bundles. For example, one or two from the Batman bundled combined with one or two from the X-Men bundle, etc. Then you would be able to complete your collections at the bundle pricing as long as the minimum number of titles are in your cart when you checkout.
This was going to be my suggestion too, the ability to mix bundles when they are from the same studio. There is the DC bundle and a separate Batman bundle. Many of us only needed the new The Batman, and it would have been great if we could have combined it with titles in the DC bundle, many of which I did not have. Since these are coming from the same studio, it would make sense. I totally understand that different studios can't be combined.

View attachment 2730

Interesting example: if you have catalogued all the movies but have not yet purchased, the system will bump D2D price to the bundle price for two older batman titles while bundling with a reduced to bundle price for ‘the Batman.’ Selecting three non “The Batman” titles just leaves them at D2D pricing. Of course, buying the Batman individually and being done with is it is also an option.

I don’t have anything to add. Just showing my support to this subject. I would also be willing to mix and match with other bundles.

I'm chiming in here as I have the same issue. I've been able to qualify for any bundle to date because I only had one or two titles that I didn't already own in each category. Bundling between bundles is a solution but I'd prefer to be able to get some sort of credit for prior purchases, especially because those prior purchases were probably at a price higher than the bundle price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 2730

Greetings, head of Customer Engagement here. We mostly offer single title discounts, check the Special Pricing collection for weekly deals. Our proprietary Superbundle feature is unique in that it allows customers to complete their collection, without having to buy the entire "hard" bundle of films like most other platforms require. Content providers will provide steeper discounts on their content when it is bundled, which makes Superbundles a great offer. However, I assure you The Batman will be discounted on it's own at some point.

Content providers will provide steeper discounts on their content when it is bundled, which makes Superbundles a great offer.
Yes, but that doesn't address the question of how you deal with people who have already purchased enough movies in a bundle that they can't possibly qualify. Even if you don't get credit for prior purchases or be allowed to merge bundles, you should be allowed to re-purchase a title to get the bundle. Take the DC bundle as an example, where three movies are $8.99 each but each title is $34.99. Suppose you only have one movie that you'd previously purchased. Even if you threw away $17.98 by re-purchasing two movies that you already own, you'd still save $8.02 on the one title you didn't have. So even though you are protecting me from having to buy the whole set, you're also costing me money by putting the discount out of reach.

Back