• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Bulk Loader Powerfile C200 Issues

Jeet

Was hoping someone could help me out with this.

I have Powerfile C200 bulk loader with controller that I purchased second hand.

The bulk loader powers up and the lcd display lights up so that is working fine the issue is the controller.

I have hooked up a monitor to it and it boots up and the last line says "boot kernal loading". It then restarts displays that line and restarts again.

I am assuming that there is an issue with the dirve itself so is there anyway I can get an image of a working drive from a controller? I could easily reimage that onto another hard drive and then swap the drive out.

Or is there an easier fix I should look at first?

Thanks in advance!!!

Ok so I got the answer from Tech support.

The older Bulk Loaders no longer work with the recent software.

The Speed Reader still works but I was told only for a limited time as it is also expected since it will not be supported by future software upgrades.

Hope this helps others!!!

Yeah, my idea of a bulk loader is buying a few K2000 readers for $100-125 when you can find them that cheap and putting them in a stack on their own switch and just swapping when they're ready. Not as nice as a true bulk loader, but not horrible.

--Donnie

My idea of a bulk loader is a couple of the M700 vaults. Pop in one disk, hit OK so it starts loading it and then fill up the other 319 slots while it is working. One vault per server and ungroup the servers if necessary and that is about as fast as I have been able to load content.

My idea of a bulk loader is a couple of the M700 vaults. Pop in one disk, hit OK so it starts loading it and then fill up the other 319 slots while it is working. One vault per server and ungroup the servers if necessary and that is about as fast as I have been able to load content.

My way is a little slower but a LOT cheaper if you don't already have an M700. ;)

--Donnie

I guess it would depend on how many you are feeding, but is there much point to starting the first disc when it will just pause (or stop if a DVD) within 2-minutes after you finish inserting new discs?

If you are loading 10 discs, it isn't a big benefit but 10 discs isn't a call for really really needing a bulk loader. If you load 300 discs it could take longer than it takes to rip a dvd.

Was hoping someone could help me out with this.

I have Powerfile C200 bulk loader with controller that I purchased second hand.

The bulk loader powers up and the lcd display lights up so that is working fine the issue is the controller.

I have hooked up a monitor to it and it boots up and the last line says "boot kernal loading". It then restarts displays that line and restarts again.

I am assuming that there is an issue with the dirve itself so is there anyway I can get an image of a working drive from a controller? I could easily reimage that onto another hard drive and then swap the drive out.

Or is there an easier fix I should look at first?

Thanks in advance!!!

Would it be possible to revert to an earlier version of software in order to use the Bulk Loader to import your DVDs, then update the software afterwards, or is it not possible to do this? I'm looking for some way to import around 400 DVDs and the old disc vaults are getting hard to find.

Thanks in advance for any information.

D2D and a UV account might be a good tool set. I know it takes a minute to do each disc, but you could convert them directly in the K Store for $2 each, so your whole collection would only cost you $800 to import. Even raising them all to Blu-ray quality at $6 each would be less than half the price of a Vault or M700. Then your collection is done. Keep in mind that you can convert and not download, if you choose, so you respect any potential bandwidth caps imposed by an ISP.

If the discs are UV and not yet available in the K Store, you could convert them in Vudu, and let them download from the Store later. Also, a heck of a lot cheaper than an M700. Blu-ray quality in this scheme costs $2.50 each in lots of 10, and DVD quality is only $1 each in lots of 10. Won't currently work for Fox titles as it relates to UV in the K Store, but you can still get most of your stuff converted.

Unfortunately none of these DVDs came with UV nor are in the store at this time. Almost none are on Vudu's Disc to Digital list. These are mainly TV shows and anime. Some like the Miami Vice series are double sided DVDs so importing appears to be the best answer for them in lieu of vault storage. Very few are available on Blu-ray and are not likely to see Blu-ray. This was a good suggestion though but after further exploration it appears I am back to needing to import my DVDs.

Since the M700's are hard to find, all I can think of is a loader, but based on the above I do not know if the operating system can be changed to allow one time use of a loader and then switched back?

Maybe sometime in the past K would import your DVDs for you, I do not know if this is still possible on a legacy device, or what it may cost to do say 500 DVDs but this may be another option.

Thanks.

Kaleidescape didn't bulk load them but many dealers, myself included, offered bulk loading services. That business has dropped dramatically with most new systems having a vault that can load them.

If you need bulk loading services, shoot me a message and I will see what I can do to help.

Thanks,
Mike

Back