• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Blurry movie in M500 tray already imported but grayed out in movie list

Onnkar

Hi all,
I already imported the bluray movie terminator salvation to 3U server but my MDV is full.
From what I understood I could keep my bluray of terminator salvation in my M500 players tray and k server would know i own that copy and play it from server.
But the movie is grey'd out in list.
I can watch the movie by playing it directly from M500 player not the server.
Shouldn't I have 101 spots for my bluray collection? 100(MDV) + 1(M500)?
Please let me know.
Thanks.

Did you import the movie from the MDV? I do not know for sure, but perhaps that's the problem. If you did, try deleting it from the Server (move to trash, then delete it from there as well to insure it is completely deleted), then import it again from the M500 and see if it shows up on your OSD without being grayed out. Again, I'm not sure here, just wondering if it needs to be in the same device that imported it.

If that doesn't work, maybe it's a software glitch that needs to be addressed by K.

Jim

You are correct. Having the Blu-ray disc in the tray of an M-500 player should satisfy the disc presence requirement for any players connected to the system. Do you have more than one M-class player connected to your system? If so, an interesting test would be to attempt to play the title from the player that *doesn't* have the disc in the tray (Even though the listing appears greyed out). If it plays, then disc presence is being satisfied. If it won't play, then presence is not being satisfied.

Things to try:
1. Eject the disc and re-insert it.
2. If the movie you have is a two-disc title, ensure that you have the feature disc and not the supplement disc in the tray.
3. Swap the disc with one of the discs in your vault.

The source of the import (vault or tray) shouldn't matter but as a last resort, it doesn't hurt to delete the title and attempt re-importing it.

Thanks for the clarification "C"!!!!!:)

Jim

Back