• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Blu Ray Cover Art Photoshop File

dlittle

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Recently I checked with Kaleidescape to see if I could get ahold of the Photoshop file that I assumed they use to create the beautiful blue bars at the top and bottom of Blu Ray cover artwork. It turns out, though, that the blue bars are actually coded in through the database.

So, through trial and error, I spent a night making a Photoshop file to match Kaleidescape's blue bars. If anyone else wants a copy of this to make their own custom Blu ray covers, send me an email and I'll send you a copy.

(Note to moderator: is it possible to post this file? It is 239 kb.)

Dave

Thanks Dave- that would be great for home blu ray movies. Im pretty sure you could post it. What format is it? Just press on the go advanced tab and then press on the manage attachments tab. They support a lot of filetypes and if this is one they don't support just change the type to something they do support and tell us what to change it back to.

Cool. Yes, as Jerry points out you should be able to attach it to your original post, or a new one. just create a new post, or edit your old one, and "go advanced" where you'll see options to upload it.

If you have trouble, email me the file and I can post it on that message for you.

Hey guys - Thanks!

Let me see if I successfully attach it.

Dave

Looks like no - I got an error message about the size when trying to upload it:
"Your file of 201.1 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype."

Josh - you are an administrator - can I send it to you? If so, what is your email?

Dave

What kind of file is it? just rename the extension to something that the forum allows a larger file and then tell us what to rename it to.

I tried changing the 3 letter file extension, but that didn't upload either. So I re-exported it as a pdf from Photoshop with layers active, and I was able to upload this file.

To be clear, this is a Photoshop document, and to have the layers active, you'll need to use Photoshop CS4 or later. If you have an earlier version of Photoshop, you can still open it as a flattened pdf, and then clear the area in the center for your artwork.

Enjoy!

Dave

Attachments

• KScape Bluray Cover Bars.pdf
    150.9 KB · Views: 58
Nice, thanks Dave!

Jim

Thanks guys.

I'm posting another version of the blu ray cover art that is a little different from the previous one I made. I created this version for some movies that I own both DVD and Blu Ray formats, but didn't want to use server space (or vault space) as they may be movies I don't watch often. By changing the cover art for those DVD's, I'm quickly reminded when browsing movies that I have the Blu Ray sitting on the shelf.

This version is in png format. You can open it in Photoshop and add your own artwork or DVD cover art as needed.

Enjoy
Dave

Attachments

• Bluray Cover Art Alternative.jpg
    Bluray Cover Art Alternative.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 37
Sorry guys. When I uploaded the file, it changed from png to jpg. Not certain why. When I tried downloading this jpg and manually changing it to png, it wouldn't open in Photoshop. The jpg does open, but the alpha channel was lost, so there is no transparency in the center.

I'll try some other options.

Dave

Ok, I think I have it.

Dave

Attachments

• Bluray Cover Art Alternative.pdf
    182 KB · Views: 19
Hi All

Kaleidescape just got approval from their legal department to give me a copy of their official Blu Bars (minus Blu Ray logo because of copyright). So I inserted the logo I had done in Photoshop, and we now have an "official" Blu Ray cover art file.

Enjoy
Dave

Attachments

• Official KScape Bluray Bars.pdf
    144.7 KB · Views: 95
Back