• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Blu-ray Component Playback Ending

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Just a reminder that 2011 is the last year you can by a BR Player (including M300, and M500) that allows BR to be played back at 1080i over component video.

Beginning 2012, all BR Players sold are required to reduce component out down to 480i/576i, and then eliminate BR component playback completely by 2014.

So, if you currently require BR playback over component, you should consider getting an M-Series KPLAYER before this change goes into affect. You can still take advantage of the Player trade-up program, contact your dealer for details.

These rules do not affect HDMI playback (obviously), nor do they affect player's sold before the end of 2011.

Jim

So that I understand, players (K as well as normal blu-ray) bought before the deadline do now and "always will" play HD over component connections?

That's correct.

Jim

So that I understand, players (K as well as normal blu-ray) bought before the deadline do now and "always will" play HD over component connections?

That's correct.

Jim

The K. website states this about the player built into the M700 Vault: Component output limited to 576p/480p for DVDs and 576i/480i for Blu-ray Discs. I have not had a chance to test this.

I found this reference online:
Quote:
2.2.2.1 Analog Sunset – 2010. With the exception of Existing Models, any Licensed Player manufactured after December 31, 2010 shall limit analog video outputs for Decrypted AACS Content to SD Interlace Modes [composite video, s-video, 480i component video and 576i video] only.

2.2.2.2 Analog Sunset – 2013. No Licensed Player that passes Decrypted AACS Content to analog video outputs may be manufactured or sold by Adopter after December 31, 2013.

I guess, if this information is correct, that M500 and M300 players are safe while that in the M700 must now follow these rules.

Regards,

Wayne

Last edited:
HDMI is a four letter word for some installers but I guess it is what it is. I find this sort of thing to be maddening. I would think anyone who was going to engage in piracy would be doing it with a computer, not by capturing the analog output.

That's correct, the M700 is subject to the analog sunset provisions because it was manufactured and licensed in 2011. It is therefore already compliant with the 480i/576i for BR over component requirement. The M300/M500's were "manufactured/licensed" before the end of 2010, so these are still able to output 1080i over component, but this capability will end as well in 2011.

Jim

The K. website states this about the player built into the M700 Vault: Component output limited to 576p/480p for DVDs and 576i/480i for Blu-ray Discs. I have not had a chance to test this.

I found this reference online:
Quote:
2.2.2.1 Analog Sunset ? 2010. With the exception of Existing Models, any Licensed Player manufactured after December 31, 2010 shall limit analog video outputs for Decrypted AACS Content to SD Interlace Modes [composite video, s-video, 480i component video and 576i video] only.

2.2.2.2 Analog Sunset ? 2013. No Licensed Player that passes Decrypted AACS Content to analog video outputs may be manufactured or sold by Adopter after December 31, 2013.

I guess, if this information is correct, that M500 and M300 players are safe while that in the M700 must now follow these rules.

Regards,

Wayne

Back