• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Bizarre LOTR BD import errors!

Panamar

Hi all

I doubt many of you have experienced this sort of problem but here goes...
I have a region free purchase of Lord of the Rings BD and have installed all 3 parts onto my server via my M500A player.

Part 1 plays fine (with disc in drive) Part 2 refuses to play and the 'incorrect region' banner appears on screen???

1, Can K sort this out if I forward the discs to them?
2, Why is it only after importing other regions that the M500A then informs me the disc is not region free??

Most (70%) to my knowledge Blurays are region free, or atleast I thought they were, and should load. Infact all do load just some won't play.

Any advice welcome

Regards

Panamar

*Forgot to mention Part 3 plays ok also?!!*

Last edited:
BlueRays have 3 regions, A, B and C as opposed to the number system on DVD.

On DVD, the region encoding was in the drive and would be checked upon import but not after. On BluRay, the region encoding is in the decoder and checked on playback, not on loading.

So, for DVD, any player could play back all titles loaded, but the loader had to be of the correct region. For BluRay, any loader can load all titles, but the player has to be the correct region to play it back.

Finally, are you SURE it is a region free LotR BD?

Hi

Yes I assumed this also. The boxset was sealed apon delivery and ordered from a very reputable company online. Oddly though.. Part 1 and Part 3 play fine. its only part 2 that has an issue.

I have contacted the company in question and they have agreed to send out another copy...

I will report my findings as and when...??

Many thanks

Panamar

**Update**

After speaking to the company further I have been told that 2 other units they have tested are exactly the same. (Ie. Part 2 is locked to a different region)!
This is the oddest thing I have ever encountered with BD's so far!

They are refunding me, so I'll try again. Im assuming from the low post counts no one else has experienced this with the LOTR trilogy boxsets.

Rgds

P.

Back