• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Best way to delete movie

giri

What is the best way to delete movies? Some time back tried in one way and it still had shown the movie. Appreciate it.

Using your Browser, access the main (Home) page of your system, then:

Premiere system: Using the "Movies" list view, select the movies you want deleted and then at the bottom of the page select "Move to trash." They will now be in your trash and no longer listed in your collection, BUT, they will not be fully deleted, you can still recover them from the trash at your option. They can be fully deleted from the server either by deleting from the trash yourself, or waiting for the system to do it if you happen to need the storage space.

Terra/Strato system: Select the movie(s) from the Movies list and then select the trash can "Delete" on the lower right side of the page at the end of the movies list.

Jim

Using your Browser, access the main (Home) page of your system, then:

Premiere system: Using the "Movies" list view, select the movies you want deleted and then at the bottom of the page select "Move to trash." They will now be in your trash and no longer listed in your collection, BUT, they will not be fully deleted, you can still recover them from the trash at your option. They can be fully deleted from the server either by deleting from the trash yourself, or waiting for the system to do it if you happen to need the storage space.

Terra/Strato system: Select the movie(s) from the Movies list and then select the trash can "Delete" on the lower right side of the page at the end of the movies list.

Jim
Thanks Jim. I tried and it worked and see Available storage increased for more movies. I will remember to follow.

You can also delete movies from the Store which is helpful if you are away from your local network.

Andy

I didn’t know about this so I went to My Movies and, sure enough, there is now a “delete“ option.

Thanks!

John

On Strato systems, you can also delete content directly from the OSD. Note that this will delete all qualities of the movie from your system.
Simply open the detail sheet for the movie and scroll down to and select "More Options"
1709301758816.png
This will open another sheet. Scroll to the bottom of the menu and choose "Delete Movie"
1709301816266.png
You'll then get a confirmation dialog. Choose "Yes" (unless you've changed your mind!)
1709301872613.png

And, you can delete downloaded movies using the Mobile Apps. Navigate to the details for the movie you want to delete, tap the Manage Downloads button, tap Delete..., and then check the boxes for the version(s) of the movie that should be deleted.

In deleting a title, does it still show in your library or is the title removed completely? If not, seems an easy feature to implement... and seems like that would be an ideal feature rather than simply having the title disappear altogether

Is there anyway to delete in bulk? Example, delete all HD versions of movies where I also have the 4K version. Understand that HD versions often have the extras, but once we have seen those we normally don’t play them again. Could always redownload if needed. Thanks.

In deleting a title, does it still show in your library or is the title removed completely? If not, seems an easy feature to implement... and seems like that would be an ideal feature rather than simply having the title disappear altogether
It's removed from the onscreen display completely. Assuming that we're talking about movies bought from our store, it will still show up on the store under "My Movies", and can be downloaded again in the future if you wish.

Is there anyway to delete in bulk? Example, delete all HD versions of movies where I also have the 4K version. Understand that HD versions often have the extras, but once we have seen those we normally don’t play them again. Could always redownload if needed. Thanks.
The closest thing to that is using the browser interface. If you go to the list of movies there, sort by quality so that 4K is at the top, then go down the list and find each movie that says "Multiple" in the type column, you can click the little triangle to show the versions you have, and pick a version or versions to remove. Unfortunately "Multiple" does not sort into its own group; I believe it sorts according to the qualities contained within, so you may find that they're scattered among the 4K HDR and 4K UHD movies.

Mike,
Thank you… yes, was speaking about movie store titles. I think it would be great to have all titles catalogued in the OSD. Similar to my Kindle/Audible, I have all the titles whether I’ve downloaded them to my phone or not and can filter to show all titles or downloaded only, etc. I realize I can go through the store but it seems very user friendly to be able to scroll through my titles, realize I’d like to watch “I am Legend” and just download it to watch later that day or the next, etc. It seems it would open up buying titles in the store. I’m nearing the limit on storage and stuck between buying another server or not and as a result far more particular about which movies I’m going to buy or not right now. I know I can delete and redownload but to be able to just do that through the OSD rather than going through the store would be great. This does lead into another question about deleting a title that now no longer exists to purchase in the store… like “Stop Making Sense” which was once available and is not currently. If such a title is deleted, is it now no longer available to download? Sorry for the multiple questions, but thanks again.
Kyle

Yes, that is a feature that has been requested by others as well. We are definitely aware of the request.

Generally speaking, movies that you buy remain in "My Movies" even if we have to withdraw them from sale. If you own such a title, just take a look in My Movies and you should find it there.

Back