• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Best Concert Recommendations

The absolute best examples of Dolby Atmos that I have ever heard are only available on Blu-Ray audio.
All of these are well worth the purchase price, and some may be hard to find:
Yello-Point (Just unbelievable Atmos, the best system test disc I have ever heard)
xPropaganda -The Heart is Strange
Peter Gabriel -I/O
Pink Floyd -Dark Side of the Moon

Just an observation, I’ve always enjoyed the Madonna concerts on Kscape so for my bday wife bought tickets to the show here in Dallas, I was so excited to go see it in the flesh! Well… this was probably the worst concert I’ve ever been to. Madge showed up 3 hrs late, and we were there an hour early for starters. Listened to a DJ for 2 hrs playing disco which sounded terrible with bass that was rattling my teeth. When she finally started the concert it sounded like crap and the bass was turned up even more, it was so overpowering it was making my wife nauseous. We tolerated it for about an hour and couldn’t take anymore. On the way out we noticed we weren’t the only one leaving either, the whole thing was physically brutal from the low frequency effects (I don’t think it even should be called bass, more like a military acoustic onslaught).
I love my kscape concerts even more now👍

I was just looking for the Adele at Royal Albert Hall show and I'm turning up empty. Anybody know where it went or what I should search for to find it?

My staples are all 70's and 80's Classic Rock, but I have found this performance to be astoundingly moving.

The expertise of the recording engineer and the final surround mixer are far more effective than in any recorded other classical performance music that I have listened to. It also happens to be a superb symphony by one of the masters. I recommend it at reference sound levels.

My staples are all 70's and 80's Classic Rock, but I have found this performance to be astoundingly moving.

The expertise of the recording engineer and the final surround mixer are far more effective than in any recorded other classical performance music that I have listened to. It also happens to be a superb symphony by one of the masters. I recommend it at reference sound levels.

Just purchased based on your recommendation, thanks!

It’s not odd at all.

A24 now has the distribution rights. They did the remaster and theatrical release. There has not been a release date for home versions announced, and it is not available for purchase on any digital platforms currently, but A24 is a studio carried on the Kaleidescape store, so we can likely expect to see it when it’s released.

When a title changes hands like this, it commonly disappears from the store for a short time before an updated release.
Any chance we’ll see an upgrade path to atmos version of Talking Heads in the future?

I was just looking for the Adele at Royal Albert Hall show and I'm turning up empty. Anybody know where it went or what I should search for to find it?

It doesn't show up on a search which means it likely got pulled for a licensing issue. Here is what it looks like in my movies.

1711494943519.png

Andy

Andy, thanks for checking. I had (have?) tickets to see her in Vegas that are awaiting a reschedule so I was looking buying this so enjoy with my girlfriend in the meantime. Now it looks like she's cancelled this show as well!! Lol.

Back