• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Best Concert Recommendations

Darin

I love the concert videos on Kaleidescape, especially those in Dolby Atmos. I have really enjoyed Adele, John Mayer, Rolling Stones (Sweet Summer Sun), Fleetwood Mac, and the Eagles. The Billy Joel and INXS concerts were less enjoyable. Since there aren't any Rotten Tomatoes ratings for the concerts, it makes it kind of hit and miss. Anybody have any recommendations for concert videos on K-scape?

Chris Botti, Talking Heads, Hans Zimmer, George Strait, Madonna, Phil Collins, Rod Steward, Adele, Elton John, Nora Jones,
Wish they would have a bundle sale on concerts!

Last edited:
The Pink Floyd Delicate Sound of Thunder show is one of my all-time favorite concert films. Hung onto my LaserDisc player for it for years, until the re-edit and remaster, so glad Kaleidescape has that one in 4K.

I'd also add that Simulation Theory by Muse is one of the best available. Muse puts on a great show, we just saw them on Tuesday and their video screens in the live show are better than most concert films. Simulation Theory is just a fantastic capture of a great show.

U2 360º is a really well-done concert film, and Peter Gabriel's Secret World Live is also an all-timer.

I haven't bought it on K yet, but I've had the blu-ray of Steven Wilson's Home Invasion show and it's another of my favorites.

Roger Waters The Wall is a great one as well, with an Atmos track. Commonly seen as demo material at the trade shows.

Norah Jones Live at Ronnie Scott's is another common demo.

Imagine Dragons' Smoke & Mirrors is also pretty good.

Duran Duran: A Diamond in the Mind is a great performance, pretty good production.

Any of the Pink shows are going to be fun and great performances.

I’ll add Michel Bolton Live at Royal Albert Hall to the list, very enjoyable easy listening concert with tons of classic hits.

I love the concert videos on Kaleidescape, especially those in Dolby Atmos. I have really enjoyed Adele, John Mayer, Rolling Stones (Sweet Summer Sun), Fleetwood Mac, and the Eagles. The Billy Joel and INXS concerts were less enjoyable. Since there aren't any Rotten Tomatoes ratings for the concerts, it makes it kind of hit and miss. Anybody have any recommendations for concert videos on K-scape?
im new to kscape how do you tell which concerts are in Atmos?

I'll add one of my favorites. The whole band is fantastic, and of course Jeff Beck is otherworldly, but as a back bass player myself, Tal Wilkenfeld's playing on this one is incredibly enjoyable:

I'll add one of my favorites. The whole band is fantastic, and of course Jeff Beck is otherworldly, but as a back bass player myself, Tal Wilkenfeld's playing on this one is incredibly enjoyable:

Thanks, Added to my wish list, just waiting on that bundle deal now !

New owner trying to make some choices for the summer concert series sale. Mostly a classic rock fan. Some of my favorites have multiple concerts out there. Wondering if anyone has recommendations for best concerts from Rolling Stones, Who , Eric Clapton, Doors. Also any general recommendations would be appreciated.

Bee Gees, one night only, 1997.
Add Van Morrison in concert to the above, nice easy listening show.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what is going on with the Talking Heads Stop Making Sense concert? Not only have we not seen the 4k remaster offered, the blu ray quality version was removed from the store a few months ago… I happened to already own it, but this is odd…

It’s not odd at all.

A24 now has the distribution rights. They did the remaster and theatrical release. There has not been a release date for home versions announced, and it is not available for purchase on any digital platforms currently, but A24 is a studio carried on the Kaleidescape store, so we can likely expect to see it when it’s released.

When a title changes hands like this, it commonly disappears from the store for a short time before an updated release.

New owner trying to make some choices for the summer concert series sale. Mostly a classic rock fan. Some of my favorites have multiple concerts out there. Wondering if anyone has recommendations for best concerts from Rolling Stones, Who , Eric Clapton, Doors. Also any general recommendations would be appreciated.
Sorry for delay in responding. Of the bands you noted, I have and recommend:
  • Rolling Stones -Sweet Summer Sun concert in Hyde Park (good sound quality and crown participation)
  • Eric Clapton - Slowhand at 70 (excellent audio and video quality and he still plays a great guitar)
Additional rock concerts with good sound quality and performances:
  • Roger Waters - The Wall
  • Fleetwood Mac - The Dance (DVD quality only)
  • The Eagles - Farewell Tour
  • John Mellencamp - Plain Spoken'
  • Adele (not rock but great concert) - at Royal Albert Hall
  • Rod Stewart - One Night Only-at Royal Albert Hall
  • Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concerts
I wasn't impressed with:
  • Inxs - Live Baby Live at Wembley Stadium
  • Billy Joel - Live at Yankee Stadium
  • Bad Company - Live at Wembley
  • ELO - Out of the Blue - Live at Wembley
  • Bee Gees (thought it might be fun - it wasn't) - One for all tour
  • Aerosmith - Rocks Donington