• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Best 4k HDR titles

http://realorfake4k.com is a good place to consider if you are actually buying 4k or marketing puff.

This is getting a bit silly now. While I agree, it is annoying that more "true" 4K films aren't being made/mastered/released do you honestly believe that these re-releases from 2K DI are just "marketing puff"? If you need any evidence at all go watch Pacific Rim on Blu-ray then immediately after (or better yet side by side them) watch the 4K version the difference is night and day. UHD in my opinion is 25% about the resolution and 75% to do with HDR/WCG.

What I'm trying to say is; most companies aren't just putting the Blu-ray copy upscaled on to the UHD disc, they are properly going back and transcoding them with more information which gives us better detail and remastering the colours completely.

In other words don't just think "oh it was only a 2K DI so it must be rubbish, I'll just stick with my BR copy" that is crazy and you'd miss out on some of the best looking movies to come out on the platform so far.

Back