• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Besides Dunkirk now I purchased The Dark Knight Rises without the IMAX scenes

TAY

After purchasing Dunkirk and upgrading The Dark Knight Rises to 4K with Kaleidescape I read in the reviews about the outstanding IMAX scenes on the 4K Blu-ray discs. I feel cheated and will probably having to purchase The Dark Knight Trilogy 4K to get the complete versions. I understand Batman Begins does not have any IMAX scenes but the other two do. Just don't understand why the studios provide their movies to Kaleidescape with a different version than the 4K Blu-ray movies they release to retail! There was talk in the forum of possibly Kaleidescape getting another version of Dunkirk containing the IMAX scenes but when and what about the Batman movies with the IMAX scenes. It would be nice to know before I order the 4K Trilogy from Amazon. The Kaleidescape HDR picture on both of the movies are incredible but we are still missing the IMAX scenes that everybody else is getting with the discs. Has anybody heard if there will be new versions that will be released?

Last edited:
After purchasing Dunkirk and upgrading The Dark Knight Rises to 4K with Kaleidescape I read in the reviews about the outstanding IMAX scenes on the 4K Blu-ray discs. I feel cheated and will probably having to purchase The Dark Knight Trilogy 4K to get the complete versions. I understand Batman Begins does not have any IMAX scenes but the other two do. Just don't understand why the studios provide their movies to Kaleidescape with a different version than the 4K Blu-ray movies they release to retail! There was talk in the forum of possibly Kaleidescape getting another version of Dunkirk containing the IMAX scenes but when and what about the Batman movies with the IMAX scenes. It would be nice to know before I order the 4K Trilogy from Amazon. The Kaleidescape HDR picture on both of the movies are incredible but we are still missing the IMAX scenes that everybody else is getting with the discs. Has anybody heard if there will be new versions that will be released?

We aren't missing the scenes we are just missing the correct aspect ratio for the scenes. The picture quality on our version is the same as the disc but the IMAX scenes are in the wrong aspect ratio. Same with Dunkirk.

I understand none of the scenes are missing from these Kaleidescape movies however why are the IMAX version of these movies not included in the Kaleidescape version. Is it because WB did not provide the versions with IMAX scenes or Kaleidescape cannot play the IMAX scenes?

I understand none of the scenes are missing from these Kaleidescape movies however why are the IMAX version of these movies not included in the Kaleidescape version. Is it because WB did not provide the versions with IMAX scenes or Kaleidescape cannot play the IMAX scenes?

Obviously the Kaleidescape systems can play IMAX content. It is because the studio did not provide the IMAX version to Kaleidescape.

Yes, K system can play them and the HD versions of all three movies have the IMAX scenes (mixed aspect ratio)

John

That is great for HD but I don't understand why WB is not providing the 4K versions with the same IMAX? If I want to see it as Christopher Nolan intended I will now have to repurchase the 4K blu-ray discs.
Anyone at Kaleiescape want to comment on whether they know if they will be getting the IMAX versions later?

Can’t K just add in the aspect ration flags in a movie guide update?

It wouldn't be that simple due to the information not being hidden in the black bars. They would need to upload a new version to the store and that's if they get the IMAX versions source files to be able to do this at all.

I completely understand your frustration. Only speaking for myself, I am glad they don't have mixed AR as my main viewing system is a 2.39 CIH system with automation and thus the taller AR would force my image to get less wide or play as less wide and most of the time I would have black bars on the top and bottom and this would force me to manually override the system.

I think Kaleidescape is at the mercy of the studios here. As a workaround for those of us with automated systems playing back material with different AR: maybe there could be a user selectable AR flag.

Unfortunately none of this helps you out. I agree, it would be nice if the studios would provide the same version to Kaleidescape.

I have long owned all three 1080P BDs of The Batman Trilogy. All three had varying aspect ratios that more or less tracked those in the IMAX theater release. All three, plus the rest of the Christopher Nolan oeuvre now available in UHD HDR quality at the Kscape store have a fixed aspect ratio of 2.20:1 or there about. I own copies of all of them and have found the fixed ratio to be a decent compromise when viewed on my 75 inch Sony 940D from a distance of 9 feet. Those of you with large screen projection systems may feel the loss more acutely but for me it has been just fine.

I'm late to this discourse but I just wrote them an email.

There are multiple deleted scenes

IMAX - The Prologue as an example

How do I access these?

I have downloaded the HDR 4K and bluray versions.

There are six "deleted scenes" in IMAX

I can't figure out how to access them

I'm late to this discourse but I just wrote them an email.

There are multiple deleted scenes

IMAX - The Prologue as an example

How do I access these?

I have downloaded the HDR 4K and bluray versions.

There are six "deleted scenes" in IMAX

I can't figure out how to access them
Whoops for the Dark Knight

IMAX scenes
Watching the Dark Knight

The prologue is in IMAX full frame 1.78!

Looking to see what other scenes are IMAX framed as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back