• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Background menu music

JohnMc

Was thinking of a feature that would give you the movie theme music, when you select a movie before playing, or have a general background music theme while you are browsing menu?s. The K system after all not only stores movies but albums and song tracks too and I?m sure everyone has invested in good sound systems that just lie idle until the movie is chosen. There could be a feature to turn this functionality off too if not everyone liked it. The best way to get the theme music would be the same way as we get the cover art ? might be too much of a overhead for K but general background music could come from your collection ? what do you think?

Interesting feature idea. Would be nice, as long as it was configurable. Particularly the volume level of the music. I'd think you'd want it at some significantly reduced level in most cases.

You *may* be able to do this now via automation, too. I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing the Kscape is publishing state messages that will tell you when you're in a menu (since I know it publishes events like a movie is rolling, credits are now rolling, etc) and thus your control system could be listening and switching to a DIFFERENT audio source for this music and then switching back when you go back into a movie.

--Donnie

I have seen this done with Control4 and M class players at power on command of the player. Control4 randomly selects a song from a Mix Album. The Music plays while browsing the movies. Also had a program that would play a random THX Trailer every time the player powered on.

I'd like to see music samplers from the Kaleidescape store play in the background as well (i.e. with system at idle have option for music playing in background streamed from the store). Much like in a bricks & mortar music/dvd store, if I like something that's being played I'll ask an assistant what it is and perhaps buy the CD.

Back