• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Avatar regular version vs collectors edition

JWB2

Do the new avatar movies collectors edition have any major audio or video improvements? Just wondering what the difference is from the original KScape versions

Ain’t nobody got time for that :) We barely find time for the movies.
Kinda funny that back in the early DVD days I'd watch practically everything in the included features, but nowadays I can't tell you the last time I watched any aside from the occasional outtakes.

Kinda funny that back in the early DVD days I'd watch practically everything in the included features, but nowadays I can't tell you the last time I watched any aside from the occasional outtakes.
I was being sarcastic there :) I have seen some behind the scenes features in the DVD days which were just as fun as the movies they are about.

It was different times though. They would show those on television to promote the films. Now I can find a zillion hour of content made about any movie on YouTube.

Also, there is less magic in movie making since the heavy use of CGI nowadays. If you can’t explain something, you know it’s done with CGI. Especially with Avatar films, you wonder how much of it is real, rather than what parts were done in a computer. I don‘t mean to disrespect those artists. They have different challenges, they spend as much effort and surely technology is a great thing. I personally don’t hold as much fascination to modern films as the ones made with practical effects on film cameras.

For me The Thing, The Abyss, Robocop, Terminator 2, and Star Wars are the benchmarks to beat. I can watch endless extras and still not get how they made some of the shots with all the limitations of their times. Most of these films have been remade with modern technology and much greater resources yet they failed miserably in comparison to their originals.

Back