• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

leo9000

I bought Avatar 4K today. Just finished watching. The movie looks and sounds amazing. I can’t seem to get a cover image for it though. I tried restarting my Strato C player but still no image. See pict.

Attachments

• IMG_0157.jpeg
    IMG_0157.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
I bought Avatar 4K today. Just finished watching. The movie looks and sounds amazing. I can’t seem to get a cover image for it though. I tried restarting my Strato C player but still no image. See pict.
The films and their metadata reside on the Terra server. Try restarting your Terra.

Try another reboot and give it a day. If it doesn’t resolve, get in touch with support. This happens time to time. Most times it resolves itself within a couple of days. I only had to reach out to support once.

I've also seen it be a problem with DNS resolution. If you are using the DNS server assigned by your ISP, you may want to try 8.8.8.8 or 4.2.2.2. Those have both been reliable over the years.

Andy

Try another reboot and give it a day. If it doesn’t resolve, get in touch with support. This happens time to time. Most times it resolves itself within a couple of days. I only had to reach out to support once.
I tried deleting and re-downloading, that did not work. I just rebooted the Terra again and now I have the cover.
It wasn’t just the missing cover. If I went to Avatar The Way of Water, when the covers reshuffle, it didn’t place Avatar next to it. It was like it didn’t recognize the movie.
All is working properly now 👍🏼 Thanks!

I like the new cover art a lot more than the old one. I wish they would change the art for Way of Water, it looks like a generic placeholder done for marketing and not a proper cover.

What is going on with the Transfomers cover art for all the movies. I will take a picture of it when i get home from a buisness trip but their is definitely something wrong.

What is going on with the Transfomers cover art for all the movies. I will take a picture of it when i get home from a buisness trip but their is definitely something wrong.
That is the way Paramount wants them to look. They look the same on iTunes as well. FUGLY.

I like the new cover art a lot more than the old one. I wish they would change the art for Way of Water, it looks like a generic placeholder done for marketing and not a proper cover.
Agreed! Just glad we have the option to do it ourselves.
Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 3.57.50 PM.png

Yes.
Tried to find the post/source here where I got these so I could post a link, but was unable to find the post, so here they are.
There is some placement/sizing needed.
Credit to the unknown (for the moment) poster.

Attachments

• Empty HD Cover.png
    Empty HD Cover.png
    17 KB · Views: 16
  • Empty HDR Cover.png
    Empty HDR Cover.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Empty UHD Cover.png
    Empty UHD Cover.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 13
Back