• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

AVA Cinema Remote

HCS

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
I know there's a bunch of remotes available that are compatible with K but many are locked down preventing users from making complex tweaks. AVA being the new kid on the block has released a new version of their remote with a dynamic keypad and macros for registering actions across different devices.
This isn't the cheapest unit and drivers are still being developed but the K driver works great (IP and IR). Once set-up you can create flows freely. You can also launch K (android) app which is pretty cool for browsing titles, viewing downloads etc and it's compatible with Josh.AI. I have a dealer demo and can answer any questions. Loving it so far.

Attachments

• IMG_7881.jpg
    IMG_7881.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_7879.jpg
    IMG_7879.jpg
    598.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_7889.jpg
    IMG_7889.jpg
    698.2 KB · Views: 55
What else are you controlling with it? I’m in the midst of looking for a remote/automation system but haven’t settled on something yet.

What else are you controlling with it? I’m in the midst of looking for a remote/automation system but haven’t settled on something yet.
Within the cinema room, I have flows registering actions for my projector, anthem processor, movie poster wall (LG Frame) and either the Kaleidescape player or Apple TV. All drivers are IR with the exception of Kaleidescape (the Ava brain device sits in the server room). Remote also integrates well with Sonos and Spotify.
Currently AVA can replicate what control4 does in the same room with the exception of Lutron lighting (driver isn’t available yet but I can run the android app).
Here’s a DB driver list of compatible devices - AVA Device Database

Can this control music playback by my Reavon SACD Playback and roon (using Trinnov endpoint). My C4 does this now, and I will be interested in this

Can this control music playback by my Reavon SACD Playback and roon (using Trinnov endpoint). My C4 does this now, and I will be interested in this
Yes, although the Reavon and Trinnov drivers look to be IR only for now, so an AVA brain will need to be used as I assume your kit is in a server room/rack.
The AVA flow functionality can switch on the Trinnov processer & Reavon player, select the correct input/source for both and then launch the Roon app on the remote. The dynamic keypad can control the Trinnov volume & Reavon player navigation as Roon isn't fully integrated like Sonon/Spotify yet. However, the Roon app can be controlled via the touch screen on the remote.

Last edited:
I'm also using the AVA Cinema Remote. How do you make it do a long press on "Select" for the Apple TV ?

Also, do you have to restart the AVA app or even reboot Android almost every 24 hours?

Back