• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Auido ports

SpicyFilms

My setup is 1 Kscape player to a matrix. The issue is, in my theater room I have a 7.2.4 setup and I would like the High Bit Rate play through that comes with Kscape, however the rest of the home where the video would be distributed to does not support this.

I currently have the primary HDMI port used and that distributes to the matrix and everything works great in the theater. I then have tried using a digital to analog converter out of the Digital output and put it directly into the amps that distrbute audio through the home, however I cannot get the audio to play through the speakers in the rooms. Are the audio ports designed to allow this or will I need to purchase a new player for the rest of the home?

I am sorry if the lingo/gargin isn't correct, however any help would be appreciated, and I am more than happy to answer any questions that could help with the situation.

The other outputs are disabled when using full capabilities of the HDMI. You need a digital down mixer on the HDMI output.

If a Strato, you'll need a full 18ghz 4k decoder.

I use an Atlona piece, but there's several others out there.

Only downside is a slight delay in audio when starting as it locks on and starts decoding. Works with all flavors of Dolby and DTS.

Kevin D.

Thanks Kevin,

So will this allow a person to watch the movie in the theater with no downgrade while simultaneously watching the show in the living room at a lesser grade audio?

Thanks

That's correct. Are you using the matrix for just video, or is it going straight to TVs and using their built in speakers?

This gives you an analog, optical, and separate HDMI with a down mixed stereo signal. I use the analog out to feed my audio matrix for all the rooms. If you're just using TV speakers, you either need to use an additional input on your matrix for the other rooms, or only run the converted HDMI to the matrix and the pass through HDMI direct to your theater.

Kevin D.

That's correct. Are you using the matrix for just video, or is it going straight to TVs and using their built in speakers?

This gives you an analog, optical, and separate HDMI with a down mixed stereo signal. I use the analog out to feed my audio matrix for all the rooms. If you're just using TV speakers, you either need to use an additional input on your matrix for the other rooms, or only run the converted HDMI to the matrix and the pass through HDMI direct to your theater.

Kevin D.
Kevin,
I found this thread trying to achieve something similar. My theater has atmos running through marantz receiver. The rest of my rooms will either be tv speakers or an Sonos arc running out with an earc through the tv. If I’m matrixing to these other rooms can I get there with just one cat6 to hdmi without having to change the sound settings on the strato c each time? Thanks for any tips!

The question would be whether each TV can decide all flavors of Dolby and DTS. If so, you'll be fine. I would be worried about your matrix and all TV's being able to handle 4k60 4:4:4.

The question would be whether each TV can decide all flavors of Dolby and DTS. If so, you'll be fine. I would be worried about your matrix and all TV's being able to handle 4k60 4:4:4.
The Sonos Arc won’t do DTS—that might cause a wrinkle occasionally.

Back