• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Audio Volume Inconsistencies

topfox124

I have Strato C running through a AV Pro Edge matrix to a Denon AVR. The Strato C recognizes that it can support all svailable audio formats.

I watched two movies last night that were DTS. The first one no issues, the second movie however I hade to turn the volume from 48% to 65% to be able to hear the movie.

Is this just an issue with the individual movies that I should report or is this something normal to kscape?

I don't rule out it could be something in the content, so you should always test other movies with the same audio output format to see if the problem exists with a particular format. Your description indicates you did that, but I'd check others with the same format and then check settings in all relevant equipment. You might consider deleting and redownloading that movie as well, it might not change anything, but it's easy to do. What you describe can happen, but that's a large difference in volume between the movies. If you identify the movies involved others can test for the problem as well (including me).

If inconsistencies remain, my first recommendation in all of these cases where there is inconsistent playback in audio (or video) is to first determine which component in the chain might be responsible for the issue by isolating components one at a time. Start with the simplest removal, in this case the matrix. Bypass it by going straight to the Denon and see if the problem is still present at playback. If no change, you'd want to remove the Denon as well, but obviously to do this you need a display with audio, or another Receiver or Processor. If the problem persists, then check the Strato to determine if it's causing the problem (setting or otherwise). (NOTE: I actually do this as a first step if I suspect the problem could be in the Strato, but it usually is not.) You do this by connecting the Strato directly to the display (or a display), and replay the content to see if the problem persists. I realize this isn't always doable, especially in a projection system, but it does allow you to test what you are describing because if the audio volume is consistent between the movies when the Strato is directly connected, then the problem is elsewhere in the setup.

That second paragraph might be a lot of work, so obviously start with the content tests and replacement, and rechecking all settings before removing equipment. You might also wait for feedback from others to see if it's something in the audio coding that we are all experiencing.

Jim

Back