• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

audio settings - using Dolby Digital but not DTS

avie

Hi, I'm trying to set up a system to allow my TVs to decode Dolby Digital but not DTS. Blu rays that use DTS do not decode properly on the TV, however those with DD do. I've tried to set to Bitstream and under advanced audio options to tell it the receiver does not support DTS-HD or DTS, but it still seems to send DTS (well, a signal that isn't decoded properly). On the TV, it seems there is only the left/right channel being decoded, definitely no center channel.

Any ideas?

Oh, setting to multi-channel PCM decode in the player has the same result (no center channel)!

You have two options with K:

1) Player decode. However, the player cannot handle DTS HD MA or Dolby TruHD. It can handle everything else. When you pick this option you can then pick multichannel or stereo and an option to tell your player what your receiver supports. One option here is "Dolby Digital and PCM, but not DTS. It sounds like this fits your case.

2) Do bitstream pass-through. Once you pick this all the secondary options described above are greyed out.

I hope this helps.

John

Edit: These are options that I get on M-players. I assume that C1 is similar but have not seen it.

Last edited:
OK, I've figured this out. I have a video switcher and balun's between the KScape and TVs. The problem is the balun's aren't getting the EDID info quite right and are reporting a superset of the TVs features. I've set the KScape for bitstream which will allow formats like DD+ to pass through just fine, however the higher bitrate formats present problems. The Kscape appears to be converting them to multi-channel PCM which the TV can handle. I believe the fix will be to have the balun's report the actual EDID of the TV. When the receiving end of the audio signal is a AVR everything happens correctly. Thanks for all the help!

You can also go into the preferences on your KPlayer and tell it which formats are supported and basically override the EDID handshaking.

Back