• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Audible Hum when moving around in Kaleidescape main screen

Davehumpho

Has anyone else experienced an audible hum when using kaleidescape Strato C and moving around in the movie selection menu (main screen)?
moving up, down, left or right produces a hum for a few seconds then stops until I move again?

I have apple tv, nvidia shield and Kaleidescape Strato C, all connected to Yamaha RX-A6A and only the Strato C exhibits any hum?
Strato C is only a few months old and is connected to receiver using the supplied HDMI cable.

Just a bit of an annoyance that the most expensive part of the system does this?

I can assure that's definitely not normal. What type of troubleshooting have you done? Swapped cables? Checked settings?

Andy

No testing as yet, I thought i would ask the community first.
I will try to switch to another HDMI input on receiver,
switch HDMI cable,
switch off subwoofer and then see if any of these can eliminate the issue.
I could possibly try putting the receiver through a UPS to see if that helps any.
Would you have any other suggestions for things that could be tried?

Yes.

I have this same issue but haven’t had any success trying to solve it. I haven’t spent too much time on it and haven’t called Kaleidescape Support yet. I’m also hooked up to a Yamaha receiver. This is the only device I get any kind of hum/noise from. It seems the noise comes through my subs that are hooked up to a rack mount sub amplifier. By default everything is plugged into a power supply from a single outlet. I’ve tried switching to running things off different outlets in the same room. Different outlets from a different room. I’ve tried the iFi GND defender and the IFi DC Blocker both on the Kscape and sub amp. None of that made any difference. I’ve considered buying a linear power supply from Teddy Pardo, but haven’t yet - that was mentioned in another thread as a possible solution. Please let us know if you find a solution! Thanks and good luck!

I have the same issue with my Sony 7000ES receiver.

my things are not in a rack yet, so will try moving the Strato C and Compact terra away from the receiver.

This sounds like a ground loop issue. Strongly suggest that if you're having this problem, you open a support ticket so that we can assist in troubleshooting.

Back