• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Anyone have 3 Act K movies Scenes OR smart pausing?

o0OBillO0o

Issue/Prob statement: When is the best time to pause?

Hi, In the age of reduced personal time and the ability to stop a feature film as at time. Has anyone created 3 Act scenes for movies or a "smart" pause feature?

Said another way, Is there anyone who has made some scenes that chop feature length movies into acts or 1 hr pieces based on the best times to pause?

The background:

I get about a hour a night to watch a movie (or show) and while I could arbitrarily set a timer for 60 minutes are there any clever tricks to when one should stop a film?

I did find a website called "http://runpee.com/"
"RunPee is the app that tells you the best time to run and pee during a movie without missing the best scenes — plus a whole lot more."

Laugh it up-- it is a great idea. Anyone thought of scene sharing based on any heuristic or rule of thumb?

Edit: I loaded the app on my iPhone and it offers free pee times for movies not in theaters. Looks like I am starting with this.

Recommendation:
I am going to try and make a few and then share them. If anyone has any ideas, please share. :D

Thanks,
Bill

Last edited:
Back