• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

PROBLEM DISC: Anyone ever tried to import a double-feature Blu-ray disk?

PointMan

I recently imported the disk: The Yards / The Lookout (Miramax Double Feature) [Blu-ray]. It appeared in the catalog as a completely different movie (From Dusk Till Dawn), and I did verify the disk and playback as the double feature. I did notify K, and they partially corrected the issue. It now shows in the interface with the cover art (and movie info) for just one of the two movies. The actual physical disk cover art is a composite of both movies, since it is a double feature disk.

Has anyone imported a double feature, and if so, how does the movie info display?

Most recently, those within the Leprechaun set, showed up as two separate movies. This is true for the import page and any of the lists. Skimming down the import page, I am not seeing any BDs that didn't do this correctly.

I've had this happen to me also when I imported a DVD with like 2 Rambo movies or 3 movies of some sort. How they fit them on a single DVD is the mystery to me :) I just usually create my own graphic and replace the one supplied by K. These are usually odd-ball titles that the movie houses crammed on a single DVD or BR to get more exposure for the lessor movie.

Lol. Just my opinion.

I did replace the cover art. So if I rename the title to reflect both movies, I will lose "Guide-sync"? What exactly does that mean?

I have at least 5 or more double features. Some are listed under the same cover art, some (after discs are sent to K for processing) are separate entities. Depends on the title I’d say. I even have a couple DVDs that have 2+ titles on one disc.

I recently imported the disk: The Yards / The Lookout (Miramax Double Feature) [Blu-ray]. It appeared in the catalog as a completely different movie (From Dusk Till Dawn), and I did verify the disk and playback as the double feature. I did notify K, and they partially corrected the issue. It now shows in the interface with the cover art (and movie info) for just one of the two movies. The actual physical disk cover art is a composite of both movies, since it is a double feature disk.

Has anyone imported a double feature, and if so, how does the movie info display?

When a single disc contains two (or more) movies, the title requires special processing by the Kaleidescape Movie Guide Team in order to create separate selections for each movie. When processed, both movies "The Yards" and "The Lookout" should show up as separate movies in your movie list with distinct cover art for each title. Note, however, that without actual physical access to the disc, the full set of bookmarks "Play movie", "Play trailer", etc cannot be created.

I appreciate the explanation J. I have a new disk import issue: Enemy (2013) BR. Title shows in guide, but only shows"play disk". Blank screen when attempting to actually play movie. I deleted and reImported, but still no cigar. What's up with this?

I appreciate the explanation J. I have a new disk import issue: Enemy (2013) BR. Title shows in guide, but only shows"play disk". Blank screen when attempting to actually play movie. I deleted and reImported, but still no cigar. What's up with this?

It's rare but it happens. Let K know by sending them the BR title and UPC barcode, it should solve the problem within a week.

If a title only shows "Play disc" it needs to be bookmarked by the Media Guide team (which requires physical access to the disc to do).

However, the blank screen is a different issue. If you choose "Play disc" then you should get the same behaviour as if you played the disc in a regular Blu-ray player.

If you have some other Blu-ray playback device it would be interesting to know if the disc plays correctly in that. If it does, then it would be worthwhile reaching out to Kaleidescape Tech Support so that they can look at the logs for your system to see what, if any, errors are being generated when you try to play the disc.

John

Back