• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Any news on self-tagging discs?

htroberts

By 'self-tagging', I mean marking the beginning of a movie/show, etc. The stuff that Kaleidescape used to do for free and now charges for. Maybe there's a better or official name for this process...

I imported the complete series of "Law & Order" and although the Kaleidescape system recognized at least one disc from each season, it didn't recognize about half (55) of the total.

The process is bookmarking, and although K said they would look into the possibility of permitting some limited owner bookmarking, it was determined that it was not currently possible to allow owner's the access needed to bookmark at the level some have requested. For those wondering, it is not as simple as one might think, and certainly not the same process that allows us to mark favorite scenes.

That said, while it is true that K now charges a fee to have certain discs bookmarked, you should email K with info about the specific title to confirm the fee. Some major titles and very popular movies and TV shows (personally I would include L&A) should be in the database, and there may be a problem K is not aware of, so reporting the title could fix the issue. It may also be that K waives the fee based on the significance of a particular title. (Don't expect a fee waiver, but you can certainly check ahead of time with regard to certain titles.) (Also, keep in mind that I'm commenting here based on past conversations with K personal, and policies are subject to change. I do not work for, neither do I speak for K on these policies.)

Jim

Back