• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Any graphic artists want to help with new forum art?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Every few years I have to update that picture in the upper-right hand corner of our forum page, because it's just looking antiquated with new hardware that's been released.

Anyone have graphics skills they can apply to refreshing that thing with a new version? I really need it to be the same size as the current picture. (about 340x171, with a white or transparent background)

1698270637327.png

Ideally, I'd like to retain the "wall of movies" Kaliedescape UI in the background, but show a range of the more modern hardware in the foreground.

Anyone up to it?

I'll add a $200 movie Store credit to your account for helping.

Jim

I'll add a $200 movie Store credit to your account for helping.

Jim
wow! Very generous, thanks Jim!
But to clarify, this is to one person, AFTER the work is selected by Jim and me and implemented on to the site. Not just for a submission!

Nicely done! Comments?

As long as we're putting the newest hardware in there, should it show the newer version of the prime players that have a different front panel with the blue display?

But I already like what you did... could go with that. At least it gets rid of all the hardware with disc slots

Last edited:
david23 - I like both of yours. this latest one does include the newest player (blue face), but the two pieces of hardware are in different scales, or have been stretched differently. the player is too wide in comparison to the server.

david23 - I like both of yours. this latest one does include the newest player (blue face), but the two pieces of hardware are in different scales, or have been stretched differently. the player is too wide in comparison to the server.
The hardware image is taken directly from here with no changes to the scales of either equipment: Kaleidescape Products

Yeah, I spent quite a bit of time looking but couldn't find good images of the new equipment that would fit well. I wish there was something better, similar to the first one I did but just with the newer hardware. I'll keep looking.

The hardware image is taken directly from here with no changes to the scales of either equipment: Kaleidescape Products
hmmm, yeah, you're right. Guess if it's good enough for Kaleidescape's art department that way, then i shouldn't complain. :)

Top contender for sure. thanks!

thanks all... will work on this on the weekend and declare a winner by then. entries still welcome until then!

Tough decision... tried several of these on the site. Ultimately, I went with @David23's second submission - looks the cleanest.

Thanks to all who submitted and voted.

Thanks to Jim who generously donated the movie credits from his own pocket here!

Back