• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Anime on K store?

Montucky

Kind of a random question, but it JUST dawned on me after all this time that I really don't have any anime on my system? I own a ton on DVD/BD format, but thought it'd be great to buy some for my Terra server. I can't even find the BIG stuff like the Ghibli/Miyazaki releases, which of course Disney owns most the rights to.

Am I just searching the K store wrong? Missing something major here? I can't seem to find much of ANYTHING in this regard. Please tell me I'm just doing something wrong here. Haha.

Somebody recently reminded me about the excellent Cowboy Bebop series, which got me thinking about this. If the K store's not going to carry anything, I might just have to spring for a Disc Vault one of these days. Haha.

You are missing something major, but not overlooking anything. There's just currently next to none in the store.

You are missing something major, but not overlooking anything. There's just currently next to none in the store.

Well that's a bummer. You'd think they'd at least have the Disney owned properties in there. I wonder if it's even on their radar? I know the K store has grown by leaps and bounds so hopefully we'll see at least some of the major releases here in the near future.

None of the Ghibli movies are available on digital anywhere. K gets a little bit of content from GKids, but that's it.

Would love to see them supported with the full Gkids library, Ghibli, and Funimation though.

I found myself watching a couple of "Black Lagoon" episodes over the weekend. Anime looks great on the K system.

I did as you suggested, purchased a vault primarily for Anime. I figured the problem with K obtaining rights to Anime would be contracting with the relatively small Anime studios. Funimation is no Paramount.

I agree the absence of Studio Ghibli is a blow to anyone with children. However, K has a substantial amount of Anime book marked and has been able to at least combine the discs of the more obscure titles into a single item on the user interface when I have asked them. Overall it works very well.

Just wanted to bump this thread for our good friends at Kaleidescape to see now that Studio Ghibli is officially in the hands of GKIDS. Anybody know if there's anything in the works to get these guys into the K store? That would be a GREAT starting point for an anime injection, then perhaps get Funimation, Viz Media, so on and so forth.

Anime is kind of that one last bastion that's keeping me from being 100% in the K ecosystem as I've had to rely on my disks and digital backups to get my fix or share these treasures with my children. We just watched My Neighbor Totoro the other day. Gorgeous and so well done. While I can totally understand them not chasing down the obscure stuff, the Ghibli films are a pretty glaring omission in an otherwise stellar selection on the K store. I mean, it's a release that's made them over 1.4 BILLION dollars, so it's not exactly some sort of unknown title. Haha.

Anyway, I just hope something's in the works. I know they can never say much until it's a done deal, but can we get a hint so I don't go wasting my money on another media player? Been considering getting an Nvidia Shield to replace my geriatric Boxee Box but may not do it if I can hold out any hope for K on this front.

Hey! I found one! "Mary and the Witch's Flower." Anyway, an enjoyable one for sure. Watched it last weekend with my son. Not sure how long this one's been available on the store, but hopefully there will be more to follow from K!

So looking at the "Mary" wiki, it says it was released in North America by "GKIDS' main home media distributor Universal Pictures Home Entertainment." Well, there ya have it! I did not realize that GKIDS was partnering with Universal for distribution, which of course is already on K.

Open the floodgates, guys!

Back