• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Aliens 4K December 12 or March 12?

ZeroDarkFuga

Aliens 4K confirmed getting a digital release on December 12, will we see on K-Scape as
Well or not until March 2024 when physical
Disc released?

Can’t wait for this one! 🙌🏻

I believe titanic is a week before that but the others are the 12th. But all should be available in December.

The Abyss is the movie I have waited to see in upgraded audio and video. LOVED the Director's Cut but never could totally understand the theater release until I saw the Director's Cut (On Laser Disc if I recall correctly). Should be awesome. Same for True Lies.

The Abyss is the movie I have waited to see in upgraded audio and video. LOVED the Director's Cut but never could totally understand the theater release until I saw the Director's Cut (On Laser Disc if I recall correctly). Should be awesome. Same for True Lies.
This is going to be a big upgrade. The special edition was released on VHS and Laserdisc in 1993. There was another Laserdisc release in late 1996 which added Dolby Stereo AC-3 (now called Dolby Digital 5.1). The DVD release came in 2000 but this was a direct port of the 1996 Laserdisc transfer. On all these releases the original aspect ratio was preserved but only in letterbox form in 4:3 frame which meant about 30% the resolution was lost to black bars above and below the image. There has never been an (anamorphic) widescreen enhanced SD or HD release in anywhere in the world except a DVD release in Hong Kong. In the early 2010s, premium cable channels like HBO broadcasted 1080i versions of both the theatrical and the special editions. We will go from letterboxed SD DVD to 4K HDR. I am very excited.

Seeing The Abyss tomorrow night in Dolby Cinema with my wife. Can't begin to tell you how excited I am for this. The Abyss is easily one of my favorite movies. It came out when I was in middle school and I was extremely pumped to see it (I was already a big Cameron fan at the time after Terminator and Aliens). I was so pumped that surprisingly my mom let me miss school on opening day so I could see the first showing (she worked right next to a theater, so went with her to work and saw it).

Back