• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

A few more hours and I will finally own a K-system

mtasu19

I have been tossing around the idea of owning a Kaleidescape System since I first laid eyes on one back in 2004. I now have a few hours left till I finally have one in my possession - according to UPS. I haven't been this excited in quite some time and it feels great!
Every year since 2004 I would make it a point to drag my wife around the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, CES or to any of the local audio/video stores that carry the newest technologies to see whats new with Kaleidescape. Luckily my wife is ok with it (or so she says) and to this point is dealing with the audio/video addiction relatively well, granted its more of a window shopping addiction.
This window shopping turned into actually buying a system a few weeks ago due to many conversations I had with some of the people on this Kaleidescape Owners' Forum. I truly had no intention in buying a system till next year or even later. That was until I came across some articles on line and talked with some patrons about the current events with Kaleidescape that changed my view into purchasing sooner rather than later. I want to make sure that these people know that I appreciate all the conversations and thank you for taking the time in helping me make this a reality.
As I am sure you guys know, the time couldn't have been better to get into a K-system especially with my 900+ dvd collection. The next few months are going to be interesting with the new 3u system and my kreader-2000, but honestly I will not mind because I HAVE A KALEIDESCAPE SYSTEM.

Looking forward to having it in my hands tomorrow,

Marc

Congrats! You made the right choice. If you are like most of us, AV gear comes and goes, but my K System remains the one constant in my equipment.:)

Jim

Congratulations. I window shopped a K System forever not thinking I would ever make the leap. On an off chance, I found a system and made the purchase and my whole family and I can't believe how great it has been. Enjoy.

Chris

Congratulations. You have made an excellent choice that will bring you and your family many, many hours of enjoyment.

Wayne

Funny, I was the same way. You will kick yourself for waiting so long. It is great and your wife will love it as well.

Chris

Hello Marc,

I warn you, it's a slippery slope... Maybe 7 years ago, we went to a local A/V retailer and they had a complete K system operating in one of their home-theater rooms. I remember being blown away and thinking one of these day, “I have got to get me one of these”… Shortly after that, I discovered this site and began lurking in the shadows for a few years… Maybe 5 years ago, I started asking questions everyone once in a while… More often than not, Jim was right there with an answer, a suggestion, and ultimately dispensing his invaluable knowledge of all things ”K”… At the time, I had already started building a collection of movies & Music Videos and had perhaps 100 DVD titles or so. I don’t think I had too many BD’s yet…

Having the vast majority of my collection in the DVD format, about 4 years ago, I took the plunge and bought a 1st generation C1, with 2 TB worth of storage... That was good for something like 200 DVDs… I figured it was a good start, as mostly what I wanted to do was to store and playback Music... Of course, I am a huge fan of higher picture/Audio quality and had started adding more and more Blue-Rays to the collection… Unfortunately, those are not compatible with the Gen1-C1, so I was out-of-luck until I could eventually upgrade.

As fate would have it, my existing C1 decided to die this last weekend... So, we were left with the dilemma of do we get it fixed or user that opportunity to do an upgrade... After some sole-searching (and funds-searching), we have also just joined the “big leagues”… On Tuesday, we ordered a new 3U and an M700… Unfortunately, my toys will not be here until next week some time (I hope)… Thanks to all that have chimed in over the last few years with answers to questions I had… A big thanks to Jim as he was always there… Looking forward to joining the BD club 

Matt

Thanks for all the support

First off thanks for all the support. I got the server a little after noon and I have been playing with it ever since. The first few minutes were a little frustrating due to the fact that my player and reader were set to a different IP address - I played around with the settings and had it automatically link to what ever ip address was available all was fine. The first dvd imported was Disneys Brave and it worked - I was elated that the Kplayer-2500 actually worked and the Kreader-2000 has done its job and hopefully will continue to do its job as I have 900+ DVDs to go! I have a lot of importing to do this weekend/month/months!

Its funny how that happens Matt you start hanging around this forum and bam the next thing you know your buying or upgrading! I am sure it is only a matter of time till someone talks me into a M700. I'm sure my wife would hang me, but you never know:)

I thought I would throw this out there, if there is anyone in the Mass area that would let me borrow their components that download dvds to the server I would greatly appreciate it or if you have any for sale at a reasonable price let me know. I will pay for the use of the borrowed equipment. Send me a PM if interested.
Thanks,
Marc

200 down 800 or so left to go

As I am sure some of you guys know, importing DVD's with a kreader-2000 can be long and uneventful. I am happy to say in just over a week I have 208 movies imported. Yes, I have the kids, the wife and anyone available to help place dvd's in the reader when I am not around and so far so good. I only have about 10 or so dvd's that haven't imported up to this point in the process, once I am done with the rest of the DVD's I will try them again to see if they need more time. Anyway, happy to say I am still excited that I finally own a Kaleidescape system!
Marc

Back