• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: 50 Free Movies with K System Purchase

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Purchasing a new K System between today (12/21) and February 28, 2013 gives you 50 free movies (both DVD and BR quality) from the K download store. Must redeem the 50 movie credits by May 31, 2013, and this is currently only open to U.S. sales.

Jim

As usual, for potential candidates wanting to buy a new system, there's nothing!!!Even not the possibility to use the download store.

As usual, for potential candidates wanting to buy a new system, there's nothing!!!Even not the possibility to use the download store.

I assume you are out side the U.S?

Hopefully at some point the service might reach other countries, but you can imagine the hurdles K has to go through to make that happen, legal/regulatory, content owner restrictions, licenses, contracts, region issues, bandwidth/infrastructure, etc..

Obviously K is in business, if it could be selling to other countries now, it would be, I'm sure this is not a case of "well, we should only market the download service in the U.S.", that would not make any sense (unless the hurdles I mentioned above cannot reasonably be overcome).

Jim

I just received my new system this week. Is this a Kaleidescape program or something you are offering to your new clients? I can't seem to find any info regarding this promo on their website. I would have waited a few days to place my order if I knew this was coming. Thanks.

This is a K program, just announced yesterday by an email to dealers.

The terms include language that indicates the offer "applies to all new systems purchased and released for shipment from December 21, 3012 through February 28, 2013."

Jim

Seems open to many definitions... servers only? full setup? new customers only? expanding existing systems with new servers?

Historically, whenever K uses the term "System" it has referred to a Server and at least one Player (or a Server that has a Player built-in). I assume those requirements will apply here as well, but will clarify on Monday and post if I receive a different definition. Customer's can own more than one "System" so I'm sure you can be an existing customer, but still need to buy a new "system" within the time period stated.

Jim

I just received my new system this week. Is this a Kaleidescape program or something you are offering to your new clients? I can't seem to find any info regarding this promo on their website. I would have waited a few days to place my order if I knew this was coming. Thanks.

Forgot to mention, I'm sure your dealer had no knowledge of this program when you ordered. I'm usually well informed about these programs, and I had no knowledge until I received the email yesterday.

Jim

I am sure they would have given me a heads up if they knew. I have worked in tech channels for years so I understand how these programs work. The terms are the terms, unfortunately this time around I missed out by just a few days :( It is a great promo. Still no regrets... I am loading up my M700 as we speak and already thrilled with the purchase.

Forgot to mention, I'm sure your dealer had no knowledge of this program when you ordered. I'm usually well informed about these programs, and I had no knowledge until I received the email yesterday.

Jim

I assume you are out side the U.S?

Hopefully at some point the service might reach other countries, but you can imagine the hurdles K has to go through to make that happen, legal/regulatory, content owner restrictions, licenses, contracts, region issues, bandwidth/infrastructure, etc..

Obviously K is in business, if it could be selling to other countries now, it would be, I'm sure this is not a case of "well, we should only market the download service in the U.S.", that would not make any sense (unless the hurdles I mentioned above cannot reasonably be overcome).

Jim

Indeed, we're from Belgium. There are a few dealers for our country but first the prices are a lot higher with the import taxes, and if the new features are not available it might not be worth the price, for example the 3U server with 14 discs of 3tb is at 35380€ that's about 46700$!!!!
The M500 is at 4700€ that's 6200$.
The vault player is at 8100€ that's about 10700$

The rating course is 1€ = 1.32$

Regards

Rudi

Well nearly 50% of K's revenue comes from outside the US so I am sure they would like to tap in to the additional market that Europe and beyond has sooner rather than later so let's see what 2013 brings! That said we are still waiting for the iphone app for scanning a product bar code and seeing if we already have the title in our K library so I am not holding my breath or planning to stop keeping Amazon in business with DVD / BR purchases.

I am sure they would have given me a heads up if they knew. I have worked in tech channels for years so I understand how these programs work. The terms are the terms, unfortunately this time around I missed out by just a few days :( It is a great promo. Still no regrets... I am loading up my M700 as we speak and already thrilled with the purchase.

Unfortunate timing. Speak with your dealer....it doesn't hurt to ask.:)

Jim

Back