• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: 4K UHD HDR from Universal Added.

Does it display some variation of the "you have no compatible players" message before letting you do it, though?

Yes it does.

"Your Kaleidescape system cannot play the 4K HDR version of this title.
You should only purchase this version if you are planning to purchase a compatible player and connect it to an HDR-capable display. (Learn more)'

In case you're ever in doubt, when you click the Purchase button, you'll see this at the top of the sheet that slides out.

purchase.jpg

...with one caveat: on rare occasions, we might not get all quality versions at the same time. That actually happened with Fate of the Furious -- we got 4K before we got Blu-ray quality or DVD quality. In those cases, I don't think we show the little badges until the corresponding versions are actually available. But movie purchases do include the lower quality versions, retroactively if necessary as with F8.

Does anyone know, on Fate of the Furious, both the theatrical and extended versions are listed in the store - do you get both versions with the purchase of one. If not, has anyone viewed the extended version yet?

Yeah, I purchased the extended edition and although the standard edition is highlighted that I own in 4K, it wants me to purchase again. Also, there are no hd versions of the extended edition so I can only play on my 4K HDR display. Something is wrong.... SJ

It's not very common for us to offer multiple editions of a movie in the Movie Store, but there are some. The Lord of the Rings series is another high profile example.

In cases where we offer different editions, then when you buy one edition, that does not give you ownership of the other edition. So, for F8, you're buying either Extended or Theatrical.

In the case of the Extended edition, we do have a Blu-ray quality HD version coming. We got the Theatrical edition first.

Note that when the Movie Store says that you own the movie in 4K, that's an indication that some version of the movie is in your library, which is intended to help you keep from buying a movie that you already own, and/or giving you a hint that there might be an upgrade available, depending on the title. It does not mean that you own that edition of the movie. This case (multiple editions) could definitely be made clearer.

Thanks Mike for the info. I will wait to download the extended versions HD quality at some later point so it can be played in other zones. Also, I hope the extended version gets updated to DTS:X at some point in the future.. :) SJ

From K by email this morning:

We are delighted to announce that NBCUniversal’s 4K HDR movies are now available to Kaleidescape’s customers. These movies are rendered in the finest audio and video quality available for home cinema, and they can be played on any Kaleidescape Strato or Strato C movie player.

We have licensed NBCUniversal’s catalog of 4K HDR movies, including family favorites such as The Secret Life of Pets, the latest entry from the Fast & Furious action series: The Fate of the Furious, and the complete Bourne franchise. The 28 4K HDR titles currently available from NBCUniversal are listed below.

Eleven of these movies are already on our Movie Store: Everest, Lucy, The Secret Life of Pets, Sing, Warcraft, Fate of the Furious, and all the Bourne titles. We will add the remaining titles as we complete the processing and quality assurance for each film.

We’re very proud to offer this pristine content from NBCUniversal, and we look forward to receiving more of their 4K titles in the future

Battleship
The Girl on the Train
The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Ultimatum
The Bourne Legacy
Jason Bourne
The Huntsman: Winter's War
The Great WallSnow White and The Huntsman
King Kong
Lone Survivor
Despicable Me
Lucy
Despicable Me 2
The Mummy (1999)
The Mummy Returns
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
Furious 7
Fast & Furious 6
The Fate of the Furious
Everest
Oblivion
The Fate of the Furious
Sing
The Secret Life of Pets
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades Darker
Warcraft

Jim
Just curious. How long does it take Kscape to complete the process and quality insurance of each film before they add it to the store.

Back