• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

3U server- mounted by rack ears only?

iansilv

I just bought an Xrackpro and I have a couple of horizontal rail shelves that I have the server sitting on- I had to remove the rack ears to get it to fit worth wise on the rail shelf. But I can't figure something out- it sure seems like no using the shelf and mounting via the rack ears is the way to go, but does the server attach in the back somewhere?

Or is a 3U server able to be held in a rack only mounted by the front rack ears?

Thank you for any tips.

Front rack ears only (as with most AV equipment). The rear of the Server does not attach to anything. You should use the rack ears that came with the Server, and all attaching screws. Although it can be mounted by one person, always best to have a second set of hands, and attach the screws at the bottom on both sides first, this will allow the Server to tilt backwards and be held in the rack while you attach the remaining screws (the two screws will hold the Server, and physics does the rest). Don't fully tighten the two bottom screws until all screws are in place (you might need a little Server movement to align the remaining screw holes).

(Sorry, you probably already know this, but that's six cups of coffee at work!:D)

Jim

Thanks Kevin, very cool, not sure why I didn't know about that component, sure would have helped with a bunch of 3U installs!:)

Jim

Jim,

Just picked one of these guys up:

http://www.atlassound.com/lar150

Haven't tried it out yet, but have a job coming up where it will be utilized a lot.

Kevin D.
We have been using one of these. Not only is installation a lot easier, but it's great for uninstalls also. If we have a heavy item we use 2. One in the front and one in the rear of the rack.

Back