• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

3U server down

olivierLA75

Yesterday night i was about to watch a movie and i realized the system was not working, the player couldn't connect to the server for some reasons so i went to see the equipment rack and saw that the server was off, no light at all, unplugged the power, replugged it, changed the power cable but nothing... it looks like that the power part is dead. Did that ever happened to any of you guys?
thanks
olivier

I trust that you pressed the power button behind the front panel as well? If so, then it may indeed need repair.

Only other thing I could think of is to try a different outlet, or ensure that some other device plugged into the same outlet gets power. If you rule out the outlet, the next step is to speak to your dealer to see about getting a repair done. I don't know off the top of my head if a 3U power supply is one of the repairs for which Kaleidescape offers kits for on-site repair. Perhaps somebody else here knows the answer there?

Yes of course, the power button doesn't work at all. no lights.

There is not (or rather was not) a repair option. There was a service kit available for dealers to order through the extranet.

This was SVC-KIT-0130 I believe and was a power supply and fan kit.
It is a relatively complex part to install but can be done in the field.

It will likely resolve the issue.

Back