• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

2 homes

carajo

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
It would be nice if we can connect players to a remote server over the internet.

For now I use slingbox but its sluggish and only on a pc.

Well, I think it is possible if you have a VPN but you really are getting into territory Kaleidescape probably doesn't want to get into - being able to stream movies over the web. They certainly don't want to be perceived as a hardware based Kazaa.

Also, think of the massive upload pipes you would need where the server is based to stream data without degrading the quality. DVD can burst at up to around 9mbit I think and I don't know too many people (any actually) that have connection speeds like that in their home on the upload side of their net connection.

Another question would be what if you have 2 homes and 2 K setups- would you have to have separate copies of each disc for each location. The answer is yes.

I think syncing two homes (systems) over the internet is a killer feature. It would be nice if K try this with music first. Request offers this and it is great.

Another question would be what if you have 2 homes and 2 K setups- would you have to have separate copies of each disc for each location. The answer is yes.
Not necessarily. If you have a server in a central location and all the movie/music players connecting to it, just like you do a home, then no you technically would not need separate copies of each disc. Since all the players are connecting to 1 server, like it's doing now with those who have multiple players.

You may be correct that you could technically do this, but I don't think you can legally do it, or do it in a way that doesn't violate K's TOS. I'm not certain... but I thought the TOS requires that a system be limited to one physical property or address. Even if you can VPN two locations with enough throughput, I thought you'd be violating TOS by doing so without servers at each address and therefore discs that are owned at each location.

Back